Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#8,320 ·
Lol. Thanks guys. Yeah, off of 3 other forums and 6 other websites, it seems the 8 to 9 consensus is at least 5 of them to keep the peace. Some people reccommended 30+gallons for them and some said 15. Two very different numbers. I know they're very active fish, and I have a fairly open tank... But will 5 do okay in my 10 gal til after August? I know that 5 together will do okay, but 10 gal be sufficient water mass? I'm in love with these fish and definitely plan on keeping some around, but I can't upgrade that far at this precise moment.

#8,326 ·
I love planted tanks! It looks great :) live plants are always great as long as they are thriving. I'd just make sure that the plants are able to handle the ammonia and adjust your water change schedule accordingly.

#8,328 ·
Love everyone's tanks right now! I am currently considering buying a 10 gallon tank for my bettas. I want to start a sorority, but my store doesn't have any females!!!! So I think I'll set it up, and will bring home a new betta, and also put my crowntail in it divided. Any suggestions for decorations or live plants?

#8,329 ·
Not sure if it's visible, but Odahviing has a pretty nifty bubble nest going on in that back left corner. I know it isn't super decorated, but he seems to like it based on his activity level compared to when I got him.

#8,330 ·
Not sure if it's visible, but Odahviing has a pretty nifty bubble nest going on in that back left corner. I know it isn't super decorated, but he seems to like it based on his activity level compared to when I got him.
Great name!

#8,332 ·
Figured while I had Gyro in a hospital tank I would redo both Betta tanks

I switched back to live plants so hopefully it goes well, I definitely do like the look of the live plants

Gyro definately likes it better and his colour is starting to come back, not to sure what happened to him he just got lethargic and wouldn't eat and got really pale so I put him in a hospital tank with salt and he perked up but his colour has only started to come back since Friday

#8,335 ·
Thats alright whenever I think of your fish names the shouts come to my head :) In the full character voices too lol

Now I have the urge to play skyrim again :(

#8,341 ·
Not sure how that can have a sad smiley face. :p
Had to wait until I got home to play it, stupid work, always gets in the way of my gaming time :) Putting the cd in now!

#8,345 · (Edited)
Got a couple live plants, i took the mondo grass and followed some people on heres advice and hung the leaves out of ht eback where there is a hole in the hood, and left the roots in hte water. I think when its gets warm outside im going to put my rosy red minnows and my goldfish in the pond, im trying to rehome the goldfish but she hasn't replied yet. I don't know what to do with the chinese algea eater, and glass catfish, i think im gonna ask to trade them in at a LPS and get some little tetras like these maybe about 4 or 5. they are 1.99 each so idk, and i may just turn the tank into a sorority tank.
Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Aquarium lighting Feeder fish

#8,350 · (Edited)

Bills new place. Its him and 6 pygmy corys in a 10 gallon

#8,353 ·
Petco about 7 years ago. Some of the paint is flaking on it cause I used to scrub it hard to get algae off but it you can't see that.

I've looked EVERYWHERE for another one using the product # and I only found 1 reference on the whole net to it and of course it wasn't available from the seller. I love it. It's hollow and my old betta (the one that's in my NPT) used to sleep up in the "brain" and I'd think he was missing when he was up inside it.