Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta fish breeders in Colorado

13K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  midgi 
#1 ·
Hi everybody i'm starting this thread to find kind relible breeders in my home state of Colorado (the best state:-D). I also started this thread for other Coloradoans who need a good breeder. Personally I'm really really tired of seeing bettas kept in containers smaller than a watter bottle in stores like pet co and pets smart. So breeders feel free to post also post if you know one:-D!!

#5 ·
Here I am :) Colorado!!! Go Broncoes!!!! Hehe. Maybe we should start a betta club here or something.

#7 ·
I haven't payed to much attention. I know they lost to the Raiders by one point but the one of the Raiders has been found doing steroids.

#12 ·
Hi I am stacy and I am from Boulder (well closer to Niwot but no one seems to know that area) and I just got my first Betta. Well we got it for our son for the last day of advent but I am seeming to be the one who already is eying another on Aquabid. :D

I would love to know where is the best place. Of course we got our first one at PetCo but he is a funny lad who already has such a personality.

and re: bronco's....well yup they are blowing this year...but hubby is a Raiders fan in Bronco country...oh yeah we get messed with for it all the time.

#37 ·
Hi I am stacy and I am from Boulder (well closer to Niwot but no one seems to know that area)
I know where that is! I live in Firestone and my hubby and I have a vision clinic in Erie. :)

I am down for finding someone that takes good care of bettas to purchase from here.

And Broncos are still doing just fine, although the last few games have been a bit hairy. It doesn't help that we're the MOST penalized team in the NFL and we don't pull near the amount of crap that other teams do.

I almost bought a blue and orange betta off Aquabid a few weeks ago as a surprise for my hubby (native Coloradoan) but I didn't. Been kicking myself ever since.

#15 ·
Hi! I'm new here to this forum. I'm from CO, and live here. I am trying to get my mom to let me get a betta or two, and the only bettas that I can get are from Hellmart and Petsmart.

#19 ·
heehe dramaqueen that is great that you know niwot. seems that even people that live here don't know where that is.

Oh you could name him Baily. That is what my BIL named their dog after Champ Baily (I think Champ is his first name...I honesty sooo do not know football anymore)

#21 ·
Hey folks, I'm from Boulder as well.
Planning on getting my first Betta, and i just dont want to buy a sick looking old one from petsmart/ Petco. there are a few small fish stores, but would really be happy to buy one from a breeder who cares for his Bettas. Please do ping me if you are a breeder/ know someone who breeds from around boulder area.
Thanks

#22 · (Edited)
Hey there! I am an IBC member and breeder! I live in Aurora. You can buy a betta on Aquabid from Thailand and have him shipped to Linda Olson in Thorton and pick him up from her.

There is a breeder in Boulder but I have no idea how to contact him.

GAH OLD THREAD!!

#24 ·
If you know any betta breeders in NoCo, I'm looking to buy a betta because I've had zero luck with pet store fish. All of them were infected with parasites when I got them and two of the three died.

#30 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I'm in Colorado as well. I was looking for a nice "local" breeder to get a healthy fish from. I'm afraid of the whole buying one online and having it shipped to me thing. I've had bettas off and on for years and I want to get one again, but I don't want to have to nurse it back to health when I get it. I'd like one healthy from the start. You know what I mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.