Betta Fish Forum banner

new member, proud betta owner :D

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BettaxFishxCrazy 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm a new member to this site but I have been frequenting it for many weeks now and have got a lot of great advice from it, thank you!

I live in Melbourne, Australia and recently bought my new betta fish (Bernard Finning :p) on the misguided information that they could live happily in a small bowl of water etc. I originally purchased a fairly big bowl for my betta (as seen in my avatar pic with my cat Ryley) but have found out through the rich information here that it was still not ideal.

Today I purchased a 20 litre (just over 5 gallons) fish tank that included a panoramic front, slow running filter system, and an overhead light. I also purchased a 25 watt adjustable heater which is currently running on 80 degrees F. and put a half ceramic garden pot into the tank to provide a cave.

Since I have put my Bernard in his new tank he has become ecstatic! He swims all over the place and is no longer most of the time placid like. I am very happy with his new environment as I think he is a better off fish :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. You've done a great job of making sure your fish will thrive. He's a good looking boy.

It looks to me like he has a little fin rot (last picture). True?

#5 ·
louu, his tank is a Vitapet tank that I purchased from Big W, it is a Marine Master Panoramic Aquarium, link here -> http://www.marinemaster.com.au/Ourproducts/tabid/1296/Default.aspx

Romad, are you referring to the tiny spec of white on his top at the very beginning of his fins? because i was a tad concerned about that too but i'm not too sure. My brother has a large tropical 5 foot aquarium with all the necessary first aid requirements so maybe I will ask him to take a look? :|

Iamtracy, hehe love your avatar pic of your cats paw on the glass, my cat has been known to do that as well :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.