Betta Fish Forum banner

for betta breeders who sells online

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
Hi everyone..i was wondering for those who sells their bettas online. How can you protect yourself from scammers?

#2 ·
What do you mean? Most of the time it's the seller who scams...there's a Thai breeder who has created multiple accounts on AB and scammed a lot of people.

#6 ·
Really?? I used to use AB all the time, I would be curious to know who it is so I can stay away when I begin my breeding program again. Thank you :)

#4 ·
Well, first off, most sellers have a policy where the DOA has to be reported within one hour of the signing, with a clear picture of the dead fish still in it's unopened bag. Secondly, typically sellers will only cover the fish's cost, or send the people a new fish of equal quality, but the shipping costs are the buyer's problem, so that discourages wanna be scammers as well.

#9 ·
I know of three good Thai sellers:

Aquastar71 (never used but I only hear good things)
Chaba (my first import expierience was with him...it was ok but the fish didn't last too long but he's sending replacement fish...good seller).
Korwhord (heard good things about this guy too).

#11 ·
Idk why you'd do that....you spend money on the fish and shipping just for a scam?

I know some people who have bettas shipped to their old houses because of outdated information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.