Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 07:38 AM   #2991 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrightyDog View Post
Could a baby betta live with zebra danio in planted 10 gallon (also has clown loach corydora and ADF)? If so I am too down to try one
No, for one you can't keep just one Zebra Danio. Danios of all kinds need a school to thrive, they will survive but they will be way more suceptible to diseases with the added stress. Also, you shouldn't put Zebra's in a 10 gallon because of their activity level, they need at least a 3 foot long tank. And last point is that Danios are colder water fish, they won't like the hot temperatures that Baby Betta's need. You should find the Danio a new home.

And I assume you mean just a Clown Loach, there is no such thing as Clown Loach Corydora. A Clown Loach will get up to 16+ inches so that also needs a new home and quick if you've had him a while now. Being in that smaller tank will eventually impact his health and make him die early. He needs to be in a 75+ gallon tank.

The ADF is fine, same temperature need and same sensitivity.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #2992 
FrightyDog

I'm Sorry I meant corydora, clown loach. I know all of the requirements for the fish and their social needs. the problem is I just feel bad for fish for example the clown loach and corydora both looked like they were suffering. the zebra danio we're in a bigger school but they died out and I want to try a new fish without getting more danio. i cant rehome them because I don't trust my local fish store and I don't have any friends who are into fish I was just wondering with my current stock if I could have a baby beta temperament wise.
FrightyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #2993 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrightyDog View Post
I'm Sorry I meant corydora, clown loach. I know all of the requirements for the fish and their social needs. the problem is I just feel bad for fish for example the clown loach and corydora both looked like they were suffering. the zebra danio we're in a bigger school but they died out and I want to try a new fish without getting more danio. i cant rehome them because I don't trust my local fish store and I don't have any friends who are into fish I was just wondering with my current stock if I could have a baby beta temperament wise.
I understand how you feel but do you think it's helping them to put a fish that get's very large into a smaller tank that could cause health problems? I don't mean to be harsh with this. If you can't allow them the best possible environment then you're not giving the fish a full life and that's what we aim for in fish keeping: a minimal-stress environment and something natural (doesn't always have to be live plants or anything but close to their home environment as we can imitate).

If you are comfortable shipping fish, there might be people on here that you could give to. You could do a rescue type thing if the fish were only to be in the 10 gallon for a short period of time at least, then you could help out but still provide the fish with a better home in the end. It's difficult to do rescues though, sometimes you get attached to the fish or sometimes it's hard to adopt them out when no one is looking for that particular fish at that moment, but it can be worth it in the end.

Temperament wise, most of them will be fine except that Zebra, he'll steal all the babies food and the darting movements are too much for most Betta's to handle; it stresses them out. Also, you're pretty well stocked with that clown loach, his bioload is huge compared to the Zebra and cory so I wouldn't add any more to that tank.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta