Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #611 
carnationcrab

I checked up on the new Corys to make sure George, the betta, hadn't committed a cory genocide while I slept, then did a 25% water change since my tank is going through a mini cycle and I don't have any ammonia test stuff left so I am playing it quite safe. Then I fed them :)
carnationcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #612 
Polkadot

YAY! Today I adjusted the filters in all my boys tanks so that the spray bar is on an angle & facing the back of the tanks,this makes it look like a wall of tiny bubbles softly flowing across the backs of their tanks,at the same time keeping the surface movement very gentle for them.It looks really beautiful! I love it & so do the little ones,they have been playing in amongst the bubbles all day.Cuties!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #613 
hestersu

Cleaned the Azoo Mignon 60 intake. Suctioned out some more BGA. Need to check water parameters today.
hestersu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #614 
kjg1029

today I fed all of my bettas, and started a DIY CO2 system!...now it needs to try so i cant try it out! lol
kjg1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #615 
countyrd419

I am trying to tuck part of Patriot's fake plant decoration behind my betta tube to see if it will stay in place and not block his waterways. I am debating if for Christmas I will by him a new plant maybe a real one. Any suggestions? Does Petsmart sell real plants? Here is a picture of his tank. Let me know.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #616 
Aqua Aurora

7g cube with plakat Xerxes, 10g quarintine with delta Magnus, and 2g jar with delta Alastor: got thawed frozen bloodworms for lunch, no dinner (fast for meal after meats). Spent a little time I front of each tank hanging with the bettas.

55g community tank: get leftover thawed bloodworms after feeding bettas which they went crazy for (also no dinner).

12g long dwarf puffer, otos, and cherry shrimp tank: replanted the many floating bits of hydro sp japan and trimming then replanting pennywort as it was getting looooong. Then took care of the live food culture for the dwarf puffers: blackworms which included washing them and 100% water change in thier no tech holding bins. Once done and Seachem Prime added to the worm water I caught some out with a needleless syringe and put them in the worm cone in the 12g tank.

7g cube, 10g plant dumping tank, 12g long, 55g, 2g, 3G: dose liquid ferts Seachem Phosphorour (all but 2 and 3g) and Seachem Excel (all tanks listed).
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #617 
hestersu

@countyrd419 - do you have a Petco? Mine has great plants. I go on the day they come in so I can get first choice. Our Petsmart only has the tube plants.

@Aqua Aurora - you are one busy person!
hestersu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #618 
countyrd419

Thank you Aqua Aurora for your advice. There is a Petco that is a little bit too far for me. Petsmart is closet to my home.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #619 
Aqua Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by hestersu View Post
@countyrd419 - do you have a Petco? Mine has great plants. I go on the day they come in so I can get first choice. Our Petsmart only has the tube plants.

@Aqua Aurora - you are one busy person!
I actually forgot to mention I did a 10g water change on the 55g today too after feeding (scrubbed some of the wood in there but not all with a tooth brush (wood stayed in tank)).

Busy was yesterday: pellets for bettas, flakes for community, bit of time with the bettas. Water change on 12g (50%) water change on 10g quarantine (100%) including catching Magnus and dripping him back in, and massive clean up of 20g long (200+% water change and take wood out and scrub it good in the sink then put back in) kinda let it go for a bit since no fish/shrimp in it.. lot of snails though so black substrate (and wood) was brown from being completely covered in snail poo. Also fert dosing which on Tuesday is Seachem Excel and Iron.
Life? Pfft who has time for a life when you have multi tank syndrome (mts) >.<
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote