Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #441 
AyalaCookiejar

So everyone is doing great, Veyron is on his way and will be here by Wednesday (my only day off this week), and I made a new water change and feeding schedule for everyone.

DaBaDee's buoyancy issues are starting to correlate with his feeding schedule. I've been feeding him 1/2 as much as everyone else but he is still buoyant like 5 days of the week. I've made a new schedule so he will have 3 fast days a week. He sleeps most of the time so I don't think he is able to burn off all the food, so hopefully 1/2 portions and 3 fast days will help.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #442 
AyalaCookiejar

Veyron is here!

No pictures yet... Still acclimating. But he has this strange growth behind his eye? It's about the size of his eye, too. MoonShadow said she never noticed it but I do see it in the pictures she posted now that I look closely, it's just bigger, now.

Hoping that its not fatal... I am going to PM Sakura8. He is very active, especially since he just got out of his shipping box. He's also eating. Everything is good otherwise... It looks like he did a little tail biting but I think that will stop and heal once I get him in to his new home.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #443 
AyalaCookiejar

Wow, it's been 10 days since an update.

Veyron and Zenvo, the new boys, are doing great! DaBaDee is still hanging on in his old age. But my girls... I'm going to have to divide the sorority tank when I get time.

Daihatsu is starting to pinecone. She has a HUGE sore on her side where it looks like her skin has just been ripped off and she is MISSING her top lip, completely. I don't know how, but it's not there and she is having a hard time eating and can no longer eat any of the pellets except for the tiny .5mm NLS pellets. Honestly, I don't think she is going to make it. Her injuries are severe and disturbing.

They are back to 1 gallon QT containers floating in the tank until I can get stuff to create dividers.

Daihatsu isn't the only one with injuries but I'm unsure if the girls are doing this to each other or if something worse is going on? :/ Either way they can no longer be kept together without dividers.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #444 
AyalaCookiejar

Another late update.

Daihatsu and Ascari both pineconed and passed away. :/ DaBaDee is really having issues with not sinking like a rock. I've had to cup him in a plastic cup that I put some holes in for water flow (cycled filter). I need to keep his tank cycled because my tap has ammonia in it. He's been like this for a few days with no improvement but its incredible what he's gone through! I've successfully treated him for SO many illnesses and all my other fish are dropping like flies with just one illness.

The two remaining girls, Stella and Kuraokami, are in one gallon QTs until I can find report binders for a divider for the 10 gallon. Zenvo and Veyron are still doing amazing and I KNOW I need to get pictures!

I've been busy, though. I got an apartment about 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to get everything together for that, plus the hour drive there and numerous trips and almost 40 hours of work a week puts me at a tight schedule...
Old 07-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #445 
AyalaCookiejar

Okay, another quick update:

I stayed in my apartment overnight for the first time last night. Then woke up, went downtown to look for the cable company, and my car decided to smell funny and the battery light came on, so I called my dad, had to drive the hour home with no air conditioner (he didn't know if the battery was charging so I couldn't use anything electric) and we still don't know what's wrong with it but he's pretty sure it's charging.

Anyways, another bit of bad news - I can only fit 3 of my tanks in my apartment. Honestly, I thought DaBaDee was going to bite the dust awhile ago. He's been unable to swim at all for over 2 weeks. I still have him cupped because if I didn't he would drown. He can't swim upwards. He just lays on his side at the bottom of the cup all day. He will still eat and come up for air but it takes him a lot of effort to do either.

Zenvo scared me half to death when I came home and noticed the scales on top of his head pineconing and him being a little lethargic. But it's all red and sore looking. I think he has injured himself. I immediately added Kanaplex but he's still doing okay and is even more active now, and his scales are starting to lay back down. Plus, it was only on top of his head.

Veyron and the 2 girls left are doing great, but I still haven't gotten to dividing their tank because I've been busy. Hopefully I can do that tonight when I do water changes for every one of my tanks.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #446 
AyalaCookiejar

So I lost Kuraokami, DaBaDee, Zenvo, and now Stella as of last night. Everyone had at least pineconed slightly before they died except DaBaDee pineconed and then stopped. His scales were actually laying flat when he died. Bahari is the only one I lost who never pineconed once.

So Veyron is the only one left. He is doing very well, though. He's had that growth behind his eye since I got him, though, and it has doubled in size. I still don't know what it is but it does not appear to be bothering him... I'm not sure if I will get another rescue for the 10 gallon Stella was in or if I will just keep one tank...
Old 08-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #447 
Syriiven

I'm sorry for your losses sweetie =(
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #448 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your losses.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote