Betta Fish Forum banner

Birdie's Fishie Journal

6K views 55 replies 8 participants last post by  Aus 
#1 ·
Alright so I decided to start this whole journaling thing and I'm really not sure how it will turn out. And by that I mean it will probably be boring as heck. xD

Anyway to start this thing off I'd like to introduce everyone, both fishie, furry, and humanish.

There's moi, the crazy hippie chickie that absolutely adores animals of all kind.

My Mama and Papa, who don't always understand my obsession but they accept it.

My brother thing, I don't like him so I will not speak of him.

My 2 year old baby sis, she terrifies me. Like seriously terrifies me, but when she isn't mauling me to death we get on great despite our 15 year age gap.

There's also Tribble, the only 4 legged pet. She's a pomeranian and no matter how much she's brushed she never, ever looks neat. But I absolutely adore her.

As for the fish there's Steve, a blue veiltail. I'm pretty sure he's the oldest of the bunch. He was bought by my dad before I started taking another interest in bettas. Poor thing.

There's Eugeney. My oldest girl, she and Betty (now deceased) really helped me find this site and I finally, FINALLY, learned how to properly take care of bettas.

Hilda is another girl, she and Eugeney used to share a 5g, I hate myself right now, until they got into a major fight. She is now living in a 10g which will be split and Eugeney will once again live with her because of...

...Mr. Grumpy. I just barely got him today and he will be going into the 5g. I promised myself no more bettas but yesterday I had to go into Petco to get Tribble groomed and I made the mistake of looking at the bettas, I also made the mistake of naming him. I left him there, trying to convince myself that I did not need another betta but his grumpy little face kept nagging at me so here he is...he is stunning! He's definetely the last one for now though. I have been banned from having more than 3 tanks so I really have no where to put anymore fish.

I'll be doing some aquascaping tomorrow because Mr. Grumpy is huge and I'm going to worry about him getting stuck in the Greek ruins that are in the 5g right now. My mom would also like to add a plate to that tank so that will be added whenever she finds one that fits both my criteria and hers.

That's all for now, this is feeling a bit huge. I'll add some pictures hopefully tomorrow of the pets, including my sister xD.

See less See more
#54 ·
Ooh, that's a really good starter book, I've heard.

Maybe once you've gotten around to making a few, I'll have finally gotten around to writing up some patterns for dolls..

I made a really cute kitty-cat girl, I think you'd like her. :)

She has pale blue ears now and a lovely fleece-trimmed blue winter coat. :D

I am considering making a series of these, in different 'trim' colours. Sorry for the crappy pic:

#55 ·
It does seem fun. I wrote fun three different times and each time I'd write it with an m. :roll:

I've wanted to get into it but for whatever reason I haven't taken the time to learn how to do it. I'm hoping that this book will be simple enough to teach me the basics of amigurumi.

I bought Ami Ami on a whim years ago but I couldn't understand the crochet lingo or patterns.

She's cute, Aus! You could definitely make a line of those and possibly sell them on Etsy or something to help fund your expensive yarns. I'd buy one off ya. :-D

Speaking of yarn, and this will sound cray, but I want to learn how to spin pet fur. I have a pomeranian and a long haired rabbit. I'd have unlimited gray yarn.

Yes, us procrastinators will have to unite. But maybe not tomorrow. We'll get to it eventually. :lol:

#56 ·
I knew a lady some years ago, who spun her Samoyed's hair into yarn for sweaters, etc. She even dyed it.. it was pretty soft!

My aunt is a big one for spinning fleece, and so on.. I would just end up creating one big dreadlock, and probably dyeing myself purple or something. Think I'll stick to buying fancy silk blends off of e-bay. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.