Betta Fish Forum banner

photos of Boba

916 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kim 
#1 ·
:-(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
is he struggling to get to the top? If so this may be a swim bladder issue. I had a simmilar issue with my betta and he did not make it. From what I have read it is normally not a fatal issue, but my betta was already old. By the size of yours, he seems young.

If it is SBD I would first recommend either shallowing the water or putting him in a cup to make it easier for him to get to the surface for air. Secondly fasting is normally required due to the fact that SBD is normally resulting from overfeeding/consipation.

#3 ·
You could also just lower your water level some so he doesn't have to make a lot of effort to reach the top. Also, I would fast for a couple days Boba just in case it is SBD.

#6 ·
I'd lower the water level really quickly. He may not have been able to reach the surface for air in some time and he could potentially drown (I know, sounds wierd for a fish but it can happen).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.