Betta Fish Forum banner

First time Breeder Questions

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  indjo 
#1 ·
I figure I will ask a few more questions in the future so I would like to allocate all of them in this thread when I have new ones.

My first thread goes here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=45710

The current stage is that I have located the female in a plastic breeding barrier (it's a small plastic case where the water can flow through), it is an introduction stage and has been going on for over two days.

I am waiting for the male to create a bubble nest before the release of the female, to help it, I have placed a half cutted plastic cup.

However, I see what I "think" it's a bubble nest that is currently located underneath a very small area of plants. The plants are not the floating ones but the leafs are positioning themselves on the water surface. The suspected nest is about2 inches long and about half an inch wide, with layers of bubbles under. You can see from the top of the leafs there are tiny bubbles surrounding the edge of the leafs, but just one outline of them.

Is that a bubble nest? Or is it just his natural spit that he produce that has been collected under that area?

I ask because the area of it it's so small while I see images of bubble nest online, they were all massive and look very certain the male really meant to make it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.