Betta Fish Forum banner

HM & HMPK(Yellow Dragon) 1st spawn

3K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there, while im writing this one, my betta are still spawning. I got the opportunity to witness the beauty of spawning with my own eyes hehe, i got some vid of them spawning, can you guys give me advice so that my soon to be fry can survive (all of them)

Here is the vid:
http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/y1/r/Qyh5ph9cQ_M.swf?v=1832069137858&ev=0

oh yea, by the way what do you think of my male one?? i dont know what color to call him hehe

Thanks

#8 ·
That looks like a Lott of eggs because from the video, everytime he moved some eggs fell out. They are new breeders aren't they. Don't worry they will eventually get the hang of it. She looks like she will supply a great amount of eggs. You can also try artificial hatching for the eggs.

I would wait another day and then determine if they are gone. Also try again.

#14 ·
Congrats on getting fry! And I absolutely love your little female!

#19 ·
Live fry look cream or darkish. Dead fry are totally white/pale.
They might still have their egg nutrient(?) thing. Fry not cared for by male tend to develop slower. Healthy fry should swim around now and then.

Try feeding them tomorrow - a little at a time, just to see if they'll eat. Give them more if they do.

#23 ·
What size tank are they in? Try siphoning the dead fry and what ever waste is on the floor. Put the waste bucket at a level close to the tank's water surface so the siphon's suction isn't too strong.... Reduce 50% of the water either by siphon or by scooping. Then refill with the drip system.

Do you have snails or something for "cleaning" crew in there? They're useful in these situations. IMO their wastes aren't as bad as dead/left over food thus can reduce the need of water changes.

As much as I hate saying this.... sorry but prepare yourself for a total lost. Your fry doesn't sound healthy enough. Maybe this was why daddy ate them (not sure). A good water change may boost their condition - enough to make them eat. Just don't give up on them and keep trying to feed them. Remember to siphon out any wastes.

#30 ·
your pair is super nice.... If you are selling/shipping any of the fry once they are mature, I'd love to buy a female! LOL Can't wait to see how they turn out! Congrats!

#32 ·
Aw! Well good luck to the few little troopers who have made it this far! Do you plan on spawning the parents a second time after this try?

#35 ·
I love mystery snails and pond snails are great because they tend to reproduce A LOT! I would rather have mystery snails though because how big they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.