Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority: Day 1 [pic heavy]

2K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  metalbetta 
#1 ·
Never thought I'd see the day... but they're actually co-existing. A fair amount of fin damage, but they're working it out. It's like watching The Bad Girls Club, but it isn't scripted, and it doesn't suck.

Nina's right pectoral fin was damaged, and she wasn't using it, so being the overprotective mother that I am about them, I removed her and let her relax. She recovered quickly from Jayde's ambush and took over command as soon as I re-introduced her. WHEW!

Also you might not recognize Jayde... She's REALLY stripey. She looked fine when she was first in command, then Faye took over, then Nina took over, and blah.

Pictures!!! :)

Nina, Jayde, and Daiquiri. In the same tank. Checking out the thermometer.

Ohai.

Ninjaninjaninja...

Toldja.

She was the only one to come out with no battle scars... She hid until the rest had worn themselves out, then attacked. Strategy. Smart girl.

Ohai'gan!

Playing in the filter current

Nina and Jayde have been following eachother around. Not sure if it's friendly, or "imma end you" stalking.

See less See more
#28 ·
lol well at the moment, Daiquiri is in the "Naughty corner" until I can introduce Sora and the newest girl, who should arrive Fri. She was tearing apart everyone else and pretty much established a dictatorship. Everyone else is getting along!

Mew is doing fine. She's come out of her shell quite a bit, but she's still her old curious self! She's actually developed quite a few more spots, so I'm almost positive she has a type of marble gene in her. If she turns blue I'll freak. My fish like turning blue. Jayde used to be emerald green, if that says anything. lol... I'll have to scrounge up some pics of Mew for ya. :)

#29 ·
A few bad pics of my sorority

Hey MetalBetta,

Tried to take some pics of my bettas but im either too rushed to get back to my guitar or too drunk...

probably a little of both...but i thought i would send a few your way, as you have shown a lot yourself!

most are blurry, but they all seem to group together during feeding...
enjoy....

#30 ·
Oh wow! Mine do the same thing, though it's not nearly as spectacular with my tank only having four in it right now. lol

Your tank looks great! Though If I had that big of a tank I'd be at the store every other day buying a fish for it lol

#32 ·
i love your girls and your tank i posted pic of my CT girl and afew ppl told me she looked like your Mew she so cute. i have afew ? I'm cylcing a 29g right now and plan on putting 5 girls in there. do they ever look like they are getting along, and how are the PK girl with the others mine is much bigger ,but my 2 little CT girls are the most active. They are all in little tank right next to each other and see each other all the time. Hope everthing go great with yours.

#33 ·
Thank you! I saw the pic of your new girl and I have to agree she looks fairly similar to Mew!

As for my girls, they get along just fine, now that I've removed the one that starts all the fights temporarily. They swim around together a lot.. The worst of it is maybe flaring and a bit of chasing. And they can get pretty crazy during feeding time but otherwise they usually get along.
As for my PK girls, size doesn't seem to matter a bit. That was the main thing i was afraid of when I put them together, but my 2nd smallest fish has overpowered my biggest quite a few times!
It all depends on the fish's personality though. Best of luck with your sorority!

#34 ·
thanks for anwsering my ?....

#36 ·
well do i have to get some more stuff for it and finish cylcing it so it will be afew more weeks

#37 ·
Cute girls! Seeing pictures of a sorority makes me miss mine...I'm itching to start one up again now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.