Betta Fish Forum banner

Photo Tips?

839 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Caliban 
#1 ·
Anyone have any tips on how to get a good photo of my betta? I've gotten some good full body shots, but I want to get a nicely detailed close up shot, hopefully being able to see his face. So far all my attempts have come out blurry, and I've noticed that there are some nice close ups on here. My camera is a nice one, so I'm pretty sure it's user error at this point :). Hints?

#2 ·
Using the macro function on your camera, or adjusting the shutter speed if your fish is zipping about. Does your camera adjust the focus automatically or do you have to do it manually?

My current betta is such a diva, he swims up to the front of the tank to have his photo taken!

#6 ·
What kind of camera do you have (brand/type)? I have a Sony a230.
I've been trying to learn how to take moving pictures of them too. I figured out that you can use the Apeture button, it helps focus on the subject better. It can be harder to take a close up if your hands are shaky, so you could try using a camera stand.....though I don't know if that is a problem for you....
Try taking the picture in natural light too, if you don't already use a fluorescent bulb.

It took me a while to get a good pic in motion.

#11 ·
Beautiful betta :) The key to getting a picture of one of my bettas (Starburst) is to make sure he doesn't know I'm taking a picture. Little Guy (my other) love pictures though :p He's a very curious fellow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.