Betta Fish Forum banner

10 Gallon Tank Photoshoot + Video!

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 · (Edited)
I found the macro setting on my camera and got super excited! Sorry for the reflections. I guess its because my glass (on the outside) is *too* clean. I have a microfiber cloth just for it and I wipe the tank like 2x a day. I can't stand to see fingerprints/smudges -_- Oh well. Enjoy the pics. there's almost 30 of them!
Slideshow
Thumbnail View

Video:
View My Video

My Favorite pictures:

See less See more
#6 ·
The camera I have is a finepix f20. Its an old camera I think. The other fish are corydoras catfish. The type I have are Julii cories but there are many other varieties. My betta will follow them around on occasion but he usually acts like there not even there. He did flare at them when I was floating their bag but he left them alone after a minute or so.

#11 ·
@nocho If you have light adjustment on the camera, you can try turning the aperture so it lets in less light/stays open less time. I have shaky hands so if I use the macro setting, I have to turn the light down. Feh!

Those pics are beautiful. And I love the video. He's SO cute. :D

#16 ·
If you aren't already, put the lens directly against the glass. You'll get less reflection. The photos are beautiful btw :)

#18 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys! :)

Hes so cute where did you get him?
I got him at petco

beautiful tank as well as pictures! did you design the driftwood cave yourself?
nope the driftwood was purchased as is. It has a pretty cool unique shape. Now I actually think of it as Pride Rock (lion king anyone?) No it really does look like pride rock lol

If you aren't already, put the lens directly against the glass. You'll get less reflection. The photos are beautiful btw :)
thanks for the tip

Is there a build thread on here somewhere? =3 I'd love to see the plants you used! You've decorated it VERRY nicely! <3
Thanks! heres what I have:
Aquatic plants: Java fern, and hygrophila
Surface plants: Pothos and Arrowhead. They are kept in position using some heater brackets I found at petco.
Then I added the driftwood and the big rock (now replaced by a dinosaur skull cave) and clumped some river rocks in groups of twos and threes.

Both the surface plants now have big long roots. Especially the arrowhead plant, it grew so many that I decided to move it to the other side of the tank so it doesnt get tangled with the pothos.

All the fish are doing well. Unfortunately my betta is in a hospital tank as he has started tail biting. Will update with more pics once I get him back in the 10 gal and when I buy more plants. I want one more surface plant and also want to try out water wisteria and anubias.

#19 ·
Beautiful pictures!
I wish I could take as nice a pictures as u can, my camera sux' :-(

Ur tank and ur fish are very cute!

#20 ·
The tank looks great. sorry about the tail-biting... Does that sponge baffle the filter effectively? I have the same filter, but am using the homemade water-bottle baffle that kim posted.

#27 ·
Very handsome boy, and nice tank!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.