Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority: Day 1 [pic heavy]

2K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  metalbetta 
#1 ·
Never thought I'd see the day... but they're actually co-existing. A fair amount of fin damage, but they're working it out. It's like watching The Bad Girls Club, but it isn't scripted, and it doesn't suck.

Nina's right pectoral fin was damaged, and she wasn't using it, so being the overprotective mother that I am about them, I removed her and let her relax. She recovered quickly from Jayde's ambush and took over command as soon as I re-introduced her. WHEW!

Also you might not recognize Jayde... She's REALLY stripey. She looked fine when she was first in command, then Faye took over, then Nina took over, and blah.

Pictures!!! :)

Nina, Jayde, and Daiquiri. In the same tank. Checking out the thermometer.

Ohai.

Ninjaninjaninja...

Toldja.

She was the only one to come out with no battle scars... She hid until the rest had worn themselves out, then attacked. Strategy. Smart girl.

Ohai'gan!

Playing in the filter current

Nina and Jayde have been following eachother around. Not sure if it's friendly, or "imma end you" stalking.

See less See more
#2 ·
#9 ·
lol I'll get a full shot for ya here pretty soon! like I said it's not organized well at all, just threw random plants and whatnot in there. It's not all that aesthetically pleasing, but they seem to enjoy it. lol

#16 ·
K here's a full tank shot!

Just kind of took the plants from their previous tanks and just set them where it was most convenient at the time lol... Nothing matches but it doesn't look too bad.

#18 ·
If you really want a good protection plant get betta bulbs, those things outgrew my sorority!!

#20 ·
I miss mine, so many good fish, though they managed to kill two neons and rip each other up once a month (wink wink). I lost 2 mysteriously. I tore it down when all but 2 had died. Hmm, maybe a few around the house would be nice, my mom likes sororities.

#21 ·
Well I'm pretty sure Faye took command... She flared at Nina (previous #1) just now and Nina flipped and swam off.
Faye can make herself look just as big as the PKs with her finnage. Probably going to ask her previous owner about her parents since I'm now seeing how gorgeous she is, now that she's flaring her fins all the freaking time. lol

#22 ·
Lol, you got her from a breeder? Most of my breeder females are much to big for a sorority...theyll eat my petstore girls XD

#23 ·
I'm not even sure if her previous owner bred her, or if she's from another breeder, but I can definitely say that she's much higher quality than most pet store females. Just messaged him about her story. We'll see what he says!

#27 ·
Sorority's are so funny...I have had my 13 girls in a 75 gallon for about 2 months now...Most of them are new but the original girls came from a shallow long tank...and were originally very territorial... Because of this i think the original alpha is still "queen"....Magma, a red fully developed female was the alpha in the shallow tank, and is still trying to win authority in the large tank.

I have a butterfly, or rose i think...if not a SD...and her tail was bit up recent;y...A few of my VT's are also bit up, and magma is perfect...so i might take them out for repair then add a bunch and rearrange tha tank at he same time...

I find it funny though how they almost pick on each other to diminish the tails or fin to establish or maintain an authority...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.