Betta Fish Forum banner

My Little Fighter...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Fighter was a blue VT male.. He was between 1-2 years old according to his size.. I baught him at PetSmart, thinking I could save him, or make whatever was left of his life, a bit better.. He passed away a bit ago, I'm going to go ahead a flush him (I wish I could bury him, but the ground is rock hard..).. I wish I could of done more for him, he was in bad shape though.. Swollen belly, fin/tail rot.. swimming side ways and just having trouble getting air.. his last night was spent in a low level of water 1/2 gallon that was wrapped in a shirt and kept warm all night and morning.. I at least gave him that.. I'm really heart broken, even though I barely had him for 13 hours..

RIP Fighter.. You were Strong & Brave.. I'm happy & blessed to have been the one to bring you home & give you one last good night.. I hope you weren't in too much pain..

#2 ·
I'm so sorry about Fighter. *hugs*

#3 ·
Thank You. I really thought he'd be okay once I got him some AQ salt.. but he was just too sick. I can at least say I tired..

..Hugs Back..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.