Betta Fish Forum banner

Considering Breeding, Need Help

617 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FloridaBettas239 
#1 ·
I'm not 100% that I am going to breed in the future, but I would like to learn about it to see what it involves. Does anyone have any advice, particular links or book titles that can help me learn about this?

#2 ·
#3 ·
If you go to bettysplendens.com there is so much info!
Everything from genetics to line breeding, Colors and shapes, And all the different ways to breed...

#4 ·
^and sources from MANY different breeders!

#5 ·
Yeah theres interviews with top breeders and top award winning betta people that are just into showing... Theres so much on that site, I found that everyone wants to give you there opinion or the way they do things... On her site it is all facts, There is the thai way of breeding there is the hobbist way the shallow way etc. Then she does have some peoples opinions and interviews but there from people that have won 1st place in shows and have been breeding bettas for 25 years or more...
When you get a lot of peoples opinions and them telling you there way, Things start to seem harder then what they are. Things seem to get more complicated. But when you just read the facts and the way its supposed to be done and then tweek it your own here and there as you go its a lot easier to understand.. Just research untill your head hurts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.