Betta Fish Forum banner

What a difference a month can make!! (VERY pic heavy)

564 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Skyewillow 
#1 ·
So about a month ago I got my first baby betta, my precious little Pinky Pie (who me and my roommate also dub "Tiny Town" for how little she still is). Tiny's growth has been phenomenal and I'm so happy to see her so healthy and well! Its been about a month from this day, which is also my birthday, that I bought her! And to commemorate her growth, I decided to use my brand new Nikon D3100 to snap some shots of her progression and the progression of my male who had a mild case of SBD, Fibber Jr.!

Here's Tiny when I first got her! She was maybe a couple of centimeters big, and had almost no colouring to her

And here she is today:

My god! What a heck of a growth spurt she had! And she is colouring up so beautifully. I think she is my favourite betta right now. She may be tiny, but she is the feistiest of all of my betta fish, and she never lets anyone bug her! Haha and as you can tell from the pics, she absolutely LOVES having her photo taken!

Now here is Fibber Jr.! He hasn't changed too much, except for no longer having the mild case of SBD. But his colours have reallty started to pop lately, and he is definitely becoming a very iridescent boy! He does not seem to like me much, but he absolutely loves my roommate and dances whenever she comes in the room. :lol:

Here are new pics of him courtesy of my new camera:

(really struggled to focus on him, sorry! >.<)

And here's a picture of Fat Mary, all ready to show off her grump-face! Looking at how bulky she is... I'm starting to think she's actually a female plakat. She is actually very large compared to my other bettas, too! She actually doesn't look all that small by herself in the 10 gallon tank. She's almost 3 inches long. Guess that's why she's my special fatty <3

See less See more
#6 ·
yeah caissacrowntails, she is quite the large girl. No idea what kind of betta she is, but she certainly is happy and feisty, so I guess it doesn't matter what kind of betta she is, as long as she's a happy one. XD
And I really wish I could breed bettas right now! I'm still in university with one more year to go, so I really don't have either the time or the money to go ahead and breed. He seems to really love Tiny, though. I floated her in his tank while I cleaned out hers, and he was constantly staring and flaring out his fins for her. I think it was a mix of anger and showing off haha

and thanks mermaid77 and karebear13 :)

#7 ·
You have some very beautiful fish! ^_^ And gosh, Tiny really lives up to her name!!

She'll probably hit a growth spurt soon, and you'll think someone swapped out your fish. My babies took a month, then BAM! Huge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.