Betta Fish Forum banner

you all should talk me out of getting another betta...

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  WiccanWisdom 
#1 ·
i've already got two males and i plan on getting a female and some cory cats when my aunt gives me her 20g tank but i've got this empty 3.5 gallon sitting on my desk... it needs a heater and new filter and plants and everything but... it's calling out to me haha. I just got a new guy the other week and have him in qt treating for fin rot but he'll be moving into the 10g divided tank with Cash once he's better... but i'm affraid once he's better i might go crazy and buy another one and i just really shouldn't spend anymore money on these fish lol

#2 ·
Wellll a betta fish forum isn't exactly the best place to be talked out of buying a betta XD but perhaps you should wait until you see how your divided tank works out, some bettas don't do well being so close to other bettas, and it would be good to have a back up tank in case you needed one. But I'm sure it will work out fine =)

#4 ·
Although, I see that you live in Indiana, and if you life anywhere near Noblesville there's a green monster marble plakat that's been sitting at our petsmart since atleast july, possibly even a little longer! He's stunning, I don't understand why he doesn't have a home yet =/

#5 ·
dont fill it...you never know when you might have to do a long term QT and need a separate, smaller tank.
i have 3 2.5G sitting empty, they even have heaters...and only 1 boy in a 10G.
But i honestly dont have any desire to fill them.

#7 ·
Wait a while, and spoil your other fish some first. Trust me, it's not terribly fun to dive right into buying tons of fish.... only yo realize all those water changes and feeding times really add up. It's easy to buy more than you can comfortably care for without sacrificing your own happiness.

#8 ·
Its been about three mounths or so of me learing about the betta world and the first one I have was an awesome surprize! Then I fond the site and learned more. Then I tried to save two other bettas but failed... TT.TT I'm sorry guy and girl... Anyway, I fell in love with another one but when I went to get it he was gone, so I got Poni instead he is really skinny and really young but so far this rescue is gooooood! Then a Petco trip, and I couldn't stop talking about an EPIC white and blue marble girls I saw. My mom went to get her for me so I would shut up! So I now have Ula a tail biting cutie in a what I think 5 gallon, Poni a slow and smelless boy in a 3 gallon and Hope my graceful girl in a one gallon that I am upgrading to a 2.5 soon.

I would say do what every feels right! :D

#9 ·
All I can say is pan out your bettas, you buy a lot together they all get old and pass away around the same time and that is very depressing! Wait a bit put the tank somewhere you can't see it. :)

#11 ·
Yup same here.. Started with one little guy (Bless his soul) and have 13 now. :/

#13 ·
ok, i think i've calmed down a bit more lol - i'm starting to realize it'd be good to have an extra tank just incase... and yeah i don't want all my bettas dying off at the same time either :( thanks guys lol

#16 ·
Just be careful, it is very easy to get overwhelmed! That's what happened it me, I started with one then before I knew it I had over 30, and got super overwhelmed, I ended up selling or giving them all away and stopped keeping them for a long time. So just be careful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.