Betta Fish Forum banner

Too bright?

3K views 59 replies 10 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 ·
I just got a new tank hood and bulbs today and I think the bulbs put off too much light for the pair. What do you think? I have not added IAL yet but I'm going to try and make the water tea colored as usual. Just give me you opinion as I do have a back up light :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya. I'm gonna go ahead and see what it's like with some IAL in there.

#5 ·
That's what I'm thinking. I'm using 3-4 leaves so that should be enough. I did have two bulbs in the hood but that was WAY too bright.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks! The lovebirds come in from Thailand tomorrow so I'll pick them up from my transhipper. I'm just cycling the tank now but they'll be conditioned in seperate 3 gallon heated tanks for two weeks.

Pics of the male:

#8 ·
o my goodness!! that is one RED fish! hes beautiful! Hes gonna make some good looking babies :)

#9 ·
Hehe. Too bad they'll be too young to show at the convention...well maybe not if I power grow them :p

#11 ·
Ya the light has dimmed a bit since I first plugged it in....the IAL should be seeping into the water soon (my corner filter is bubbling and I cut up with leaves to speed up the process).

#14 ·
Yup using one bulb and the water is starting to tint so ya it shouldn't be a problem.

This guy comes from Ploybettas and will arrive in Linda's shipment tomorrow with a sibling female. $40 to Ploybettas and $4 to Linda as a handling fee. I have everything prepped for them and they should produce some really nice fish.

I might just use this thread as my spawn log :p

#16 ·
Well I have to wait till Wednesday to get my fish since Linda is in the hospital (she had surgery) and the fish are going to a pet store (not to be sold!) owned by Linda's helpers for sorting. Long story short I have to go pick them up on Wednesday. So conditioning begins Thursday the 5th.

#19 ·
Yikes......again haha.

#23 ·
I think it will be fine...I've been doing this for awhile...getting them to spawn is no problem. I added IAL and its not so bright anymore.

#24 ·
The lovely couple (now adjusted to their tanks)

Rosa:

Fuego:

#26 ·
They seem super ready for spawning so I'm cutting conditioning time in half. They will be introduced next weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.