Betta Fish Forum banner

Too bright?

3K views 59 replies 10 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 ·
I just got a new tank hood and bulbs today and I think the bulbs put off too much light for the pair. What do you think? I have not added IAL yet but I'm going to try and make the water tea colored as usual. Just give me you opinion as I do have a back up light :)

See less See more
#28 ·
Funny story - I dreamed that I was a transhipper last night and got your bettas in and decided to spawn them on my own. It was really random. Then I felt guilty so I started conditioning them before shipping them to you.

Sorry - not much related to this thread, but I had to share!

#30 ·
#32 ·

And now they need to spawn =)

#34 ·
She's just asking to be shredded...she's approaching the nest, full flare, challenging him and he chases her off. This could take awhile :/

#36 ·
This happened with my super reds from Chaba. Same thing. That female is now one of my easiest to spawn :p

#39 ·
She is! They're getting the embrace perfected right now...should be eggs in little bit.

#40 ·
And now we have some eggs! The first was dropped about an hour ago...about 20 so far...should continue for awhile.

#41 ·
Spawning began at 1:43 (the time I first saw the eggs fall) and ended at 5:19. Rosa is now floating in her tank and will get a nice meal of bloodworms when I get home. Dad is now in charge of AT LEAST 300 eggs...more like 500 though. I mean this is a HUGE spawn. Haha she was so ready to get out she swam into the cup...no netting!

#44 ·
Haha this is gonna be a fun spawn :p

Some spawn pics:

"Um honey...where are the kids?"

"NO NO put the eggs HERE!!!" "Fine do it yourself!"

#46 ·
I don't know how many times she spit out snail crap when she put the eggs in the nest xP

#47 ·
Some fry have hatched...but there's a weird brown stuff on some of the eggs...hope dad eats them if they're bad.

#50 ·
Most are dead...worst dad ever.

#52 ·
He didnt eat the bad eggs, half the eggs had developing fry but never hatched and some cant swim at all. I hope he does better next spawn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.