Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #711 
CelticRavens

Location: Puget Sound area, not in the Sound. Can't swim! ; )
Refilled my 1 gallon* QT with treated water, a few stones, a marimo, & one of the java moss covered mesh caves I made. I didn't put in the filter or heater yet, waiting til closer to my new betta's arrival.

Filled & treated 2 gallon jugs of water for my next water change. Also used some of my old gravel to layer the bottom of a pot for my new angel ivy. Didn't want to throw the gravel away & I've been trying to come up with a good way to recycle it.

* The QT was the tank I bought when I got Ronin in January. It's a Tetra 1 Gallon Half Moon Betta Kit & it devours batteries to keep 4 tiny LED lights going. After reading about bettas needing more room than that to thrive I decided to divide my 6.5 gallon for his home and use this only for a QT or hospital tank.

CelticRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #712 
Sadist

Good call!

I fed defrosted bloodworms today. That got my already stripey female super in the mood, and she's been flaring at me when I come to see her. I inspected fins and plants and thermometers and spent some play time with the fish.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #713 
violettec

I showed Oliver different objects... flowers, a can of soda, a stuffed animal, a flameless candle. He's always super curious and swims really close to get a better look. Then, I brought out the mirror to get him to exercise a bit. Fed him some frozen brine shrimp. Took out some poop with a turkey baster. Checked everything over (temp, etc.). Checked the water parameters and all is well.
violettec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:32 AM   #714 
Polkadot

wc day for my big beautiful new Giant Plakat boy Shiloh.He is such a good,easy going boy.I gave him a nice fresh IAL,tested his water and blew him some kisses,lol.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:40 AM   #715 
Sadist

Cleaned out some poop, fed pellets, did the normal health inspection. Male is getting great regrowth on his fins.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote