Betta Fish Forum banner

Female betta questions

269 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  emptypockets 
#1 ·
We've had Little Fish since Dec 9th. She was a Petco baby and about as tiny as a thumbnail so I don't know how old she is. Questions:

When do they start making eggs?
What do they look like when they're eggy? I'm attaching a photo to see if what she looks like is normal or if y'all think she's bloated.
How often do they make eggs?
Do they change behavior?

She's eating like normal but she's kinda clamping a bit. Once I get the answers to these questions, I may be looking into something else being wrong.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I think so too. It might be time to post in fish emergencies. Not to say you have an emergency yet but post more pics there with the answer sheet they ask for. Hopefully she just needs epsom salt. They normally get more narrow in the tail region and she isn't narrowing there.

#4 ·
My female is just fat by her egg spot and gets vertical stripes when she has eggs. Your girl, like someone pointed out, looks fat all the way down. I hope you get her feeling better soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.