Betta Fish Forum banner

A few bubbles on top of the water?

Tags
betta bubbles
722 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AccaliaJay 
#1 ·

This is my betta Blaze. I feed him twice a day. 11am and 8 pm. I've only had him for about three or four days. Today I woke up and noticed those bubbles in his tank.. I know about bubble nests but these ones are just on the surface spread out. I just want to make sure its normal..

I had a betta when I was little but that was over four years ago. Hes in unfiltered 1 gallon Teddy tank. He eats the food I give him and hes not really staying in one spot for to long. I mean one time he did suddenly stop swimming and just sat in the water looking like a statue staring at me. Kinda scared me but he suddenly swam up to the top and got some air so I guess he was fine. His tank ranges from 68F to 78F depending on how good our wood stove is going because that's our source of heat. Normally his tank is around 68 in the morning and at the end of the day its in the seventies since were constantly taking care of the wood stove. I was worried about the temp change but to me he seems fine. Anyways just want to make sure those bubbles are normal.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sometimes they blow random bubbles instead of a nest. It just depends on the fish. Some will go on to build a nest later in life, others will just keep blowing random bubbles.

#3 ·
Oh, and you NEED to get a heater. 68 degrees is cold enough to kill your fish and the constant temperature change will stress him, that is probably why he tends to stand like a statue. They are tropical and need a CONSTANT temperature between 76 and 82. An adjustable heater will compensate for when the house is warmer, and it won't switch on until it's needed.

#6 ·
Thanks! I'll look into the heater. I'm planning on getting a 20 gallon for in my kitchen cause I'm looking to get a few guppies. But might take a few weeks to go get the actual guppies. If I have enough money afterwards I'll upgrade his tank to. I wish betta's could live with guppies but yeah I hear its like a 10% chance that a betta gets along with guppies and I think that's to low to even try. Maybe I'll get him some shrimp or a snail buddies after his tank upgrade lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.