Betta Fish Forum banner

Red eye and strange legion after noticing white areas

846 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Elena 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I noticed a few days ago that my fish, Ira, had begun to develope a strange white are on his body. I would not classify it as fuzzy nor slimey... just a white pigmentation. As a precaution, after recently loosing my other beta who i estimate was a little over 2 years old, i decided to put Ira on an antibacterial treatment (Kordon Rid fungus). I have had success with this treatment before. I was out of town for a day and came back to find Ira to be somewhat off balance. It does not seem to be a swim bladder disorder, as he can regulate his boyancy and is swimming quite normally. He does seem letahrgic, however. The white segments seem to have dissapeared but he has a red mark on the left side of his head accompanied by some redness in his left eye. I have 2 pictures here.

Any thoughts?

I really am unprepared to deal with loosing Ira just a month after paul.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm sorry, this doesn't look like anything that I've ever seen :/
How old is he?

#4 ·
I would say I got him from Walmart as a rescue about 8 months ago. He was already full grown and most likely at least a year old. He may just be getting old, but I dont want to give up on him. It seems that whatever sort of infection or problem he had before has dicipated and become this.

Symptons:
Previos white sections (not slimey nor fuzzy)
Red legion/sore on left side of head in front of gill
Red eyes (both now) as if internally bleeding or infected
Lethargic behavior
Still able to swim properly and maintain controll (not swim bladder)
Still eating and demonstrated regular appetite

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.