Betta Fish Forum banner

BettaFX Canadian Bred BETTAS!

11K views 88 replies 17 participants last post by  BettaFx 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
A little about myself. I sell hmpks, plakat fighters, and in future hm's bettas. I've been breeding about 2 years now and still going. I'm a dedicated breeder and strive for quality. My main focus at the moment is Super Red show quality, marble dragons halfmoon plakat and plakat fighters.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Here are a couple of pictures of stocks I have at the moment! =] I hope to increase betta quality for Canada and to earn reputation! It is a pain to breed them knowing we have cold winters. But this wont stop me :-D!

Steven.T

one's for sale is
#2 they are $20 pair
#3 Super red Hmpk $15
#6 Super Blue hmpk PAIR $20
#7 & #8 are steel blue and royal blue hmpk female $8 each

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
the prices are posted above the pictures! =]
-super red male you see is $15.
super blue unfortunately I would only like to sell a pair because it'll benefit the breeder a lot more.
the marble hmpk pair the clear one is now 100% clear with no black irids. they are $20 the pair

-pk current batch i have are $5 females $10-15 males. depending on quality.

#11 ·
Hey BettaFx you have some nice fish! I live in Calgary and breed half moons. Maybe down the road we can share genetics. It would be great to get some betta shows going here in Canada but the size of this country works against us. Maybe an online show could be the answer.

#17 ·
no worries take your time!

So glad someone close is breeding, lol im in Ontario too. and its hard to get nice bettas where i am cause i live in a small town. i finally got a PK but that was an ordeal so i will defiantely think of you in the future for when i want another PK
thank you means a lot^^!

#20 ·
sorry no muster gas trying to concentrate on cleaner reds and blues =]!

I bought a VT, ends up being anything BUT -facepalm- xD Anyways, I am definitely following this thread. I am in the Edmonton area, and I know it is about 45.00-60.00 shipping depending. But there are a couple people near me :)
haha nice =]!

#19 ·
I bought a VT, ends up being anything BUT -facepalm- xD Anyways, I am definitely following this thread. I am in the Edmonton area, and I know it is about 45.00-60.00 shipping depending. But there are a couple people near me :)

#27 ·
I have a green plakat female ( you can find her in my albums) I would like a male for her what do you reccomend? Do you have a nice male for her? Sena lol i'm in your area.

#33 ·
ahaha it isn't a cheap hobby that's for sure =]
that green plakat seems to be a fighter strain to me if im not mistaken looks like a female that i have sold before ahah but i can be mistaken =]

-a male that would suit her would not be a hmpk because she is a plakat. another plakat would suit her for sure but i see deform a bit on the head spine area which i honestly if i were you I wouldn't spawn her.

if you cross with hmpk you'll have really bad finnage for first generation at least hardly 180 spread and not as clean.
if you want a hmpk pair i can sell you the $15 with a female for $5.

i can also include microworms to start you off. $3

hope this helps! contact me anytime and we can discuss about it further.

#34 ·
Oh I got the female from a lfs by me they have half decent fish sometimes. Just got back and almost got a green and white half moon but wanted to here from you first. As I said before I will think about it and most likely order and split costs with a friend. I will get back to you soon.

#35 ·
Plakats never have been a favorite but I slowly am coming to like them. Can you find homes for hmpk? Because of the short fins some people would probably find them uglier than the hm I was planning on spawning. Just wondering. I also will consider the marble plakat pair they sound pretty. Is there pics of the male? I do have a deal made for cultures and IAL but thanks a lot for the offer of mw anyways. Is there really deform on Calypso's head I can't see any. Can you explain it a little more I am still kind of new to the whole form stuff lol. Thabks so much!

#39 ·
that's what i find. New hobbiest never really like them at first they love the long finned until after owning a few plakats it'll grow on them i find they're a lot more...aggresive and active.

-I will get a picture when i fix my camera this week sorry for the delay!
-not a problem
-and yes the deform is not exactly a spoon head but a bump near its spine top back. much like a wave.

#37 ·
BeautifulBetta, take a look at your second and third picture in your album - see how the head "wavers" for shape, rather than a swoop (which is spoonhead) or a smooth line? That's what I believe he means :p

Still should check out Big Al's, BB ;-) I promise you will find something awesome xD That's where my non-egg-eater Ares is from. I've got over 70-some babies to prove it xD

Could you check how much it is to ship to me? T4V 1K6. I'm going to be starting up a lot sooner than I expected, so I'll need some awesome bettas :) And who else to go to, but a breeder? :p (BEAUTIFULBETTAS if you want a fish, or pair from BettaFX, we can do the transaction all at once to split costs!) I'll be checking back between 1-3 months :p

#40 · (Edited)
you're looking around 65-66 it says here it'll be 54.84x1.13=62.15 plus fuel charge as far as i remember. My last shipment I had to pay extra because i didn't take that in account. I WILL UPDATE YOU ON ShIPPING. =] it should be lower i calculate online but when i went up to pay they charged like $10 extra -.-! so i had to pay the difference aha.

#38 ·
WOW. Hi guys! And hello BettaFx!

I suppose I have a bit of explaining to do re: that cull thread. I've recently run into some pretty bad health issues-- like the can't-even-digest-food-never-mind-get-on-the-internet type-- and I'm really sorry for letting things slip by without giving anyone any updates. Luckily things are getting way better for me (and thank goodness for the hardiness of bettas-- my boys and girls were very sympathetic and put up with a few rather unskilled water changes by family members while I was bedridden).

BettaFx, I'm so glad you've found your way to this forum! (And I'm sorry for not directing you here sooner, haha.) For the record, now that my health is looking better, I'm definitely willing to help out in any way I can-- since you're in Mississauga and I'm in Burlington (and now I have my own car-- WHOO), if someone ever needs a closeish southern Ontario delivery I'd be more than willing to pitch in. (Especially if you're still up for adopting out culls, or anything like that.)

And PS, the last girls you gave me are absolutely gorgeous and are doing fabulously with the rest of the pack. :) (One of them is actually the tank's queen bee, currently, which is hilarious because she's SO TINY. She totally bosses the other girls around, though.)

Anyway, don't mean to derail! Carry on, guys. <3

#41 ·
hey I'm glad you're doing a lot better =]! and not a problem your health is more important! ah yes I've contacted you by email about bulk sale.

-hahaha yes =] that's great i'm glad they're healthy!

not a problem thank you!

BettaFx,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.