Betta Fish Forum banner

I got another Betta!

2K views 56 replies 8 participants last post by  Goldie2nd 
#1 ·
His name is Rail Tail He is another V-tail Betta I got at PetSmart the water he was in was filthy, and some of the other fish where dead he will become my little mirecle. Pictures will be up soon stay tune for more update on both my Bettas Goldie and the new Redtail!

#3 · (Edited)
More picstures will be up soon please comment I found him at Petsmart they where selling them real cheep because they where getting new fish and I felt bad for these guys I coulld only get one and Redtail was the lucky guy.He is a shy one though not like my Goldie maybe he will flowrish more during the week. He is just so tiny.

#4 ·
He's pretty!!! That home is temporary right?

#8 ·
He is gourgeous! I absolutely love his color.

PS. You aren't using correct measurements, milligrams is the measurement of mass while gallons is the measurement of water volume, giving us the mass won't help determine the water volume, from the visual picture and the size of the Betta/decorations, it does look slightly smaller than a gallon

#10 ·
For water...
1mg = 1mL
758mg = 758mL
1000mL = 1L
1L = 0.26 gallons

758mg = 0.2 gallons, or 1 fifth of a gallon, minus space taken up by rocks, decor, not filled up all the way.
ILY metric system and your simpleness<3

Waaaaay too small. That's the size of our petsmart cups.

#13 · (Edited)
I have the same gravel gems in one of my tanks... I recommend watching ( Red tail ) because they can get stuck under there... ( I have had this experience many times... ) Just a heads up. :)

Oh and BL1507, Mo is 12. Shocking isn't it? ( I'm 12 too, but still )

#16 ·
Like I said, 758mg = 0.2 gallons. Not 8 gallons. I'm sorry but that is far off. Don't Americans use gallons to buy gas? That should give an idea. Your "tank" isn't even a liter big.

#17 · (Edited)
Lol! Thanks!

PS. That tank is not 8 gallons......

Milligrams, a unit of mass, and gallons, a unit of volume, are not actually directly equivalent, however it is common to use the volume and mass of water to "equate" the two.
Using that method, where
1 (U.S.) Gallon of water weighs 128 ounces, and
1 ounce weighs 28.35 grams (approx.) or 28,350 mg
1 Gallon "equals" 128 * 28,350 mg, or 3,628,739 mg

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_milligrams_equal_a_gallon#ixzz1tZ93FP5o

#20 ·
Yes, the measurement 1mL = 1mg is for pure water only, after that you get into decimals and percent composition of the water and such. We use it all the time in our chem conversions.
However it is close enough to be terribly worried for the little guy.

#22 ·
Honestly it is better than what he came in but it is the same size if the measurements are exact. In a tank of that size I would recommend daily 50% water changes and x2 100% water changes weekly. He looks very happy on there and I hope he lives a long healthy life...... IMO it would be better if you could update his tank to a gallon soon though

#23 ·
WalMart sells 1gallon SET-UPS! (complete with weird pellet gravel, a background, food and conditioner sample and silk plant) for less than 15$! I was so excited! They're perfect for people with multiple set-ups or those who rescue the dying fish in the stores.

WalMart has cheap tanks. Save up your money! (now I'm all excited about WalMart)

#26 ·
i keep my fish in 1 gallons per each :\ they love it, they make me frequent bubble nest, the only one that is in the 1.5 gallon is Phantom that's it. besides it is better than a cup :) i give my betta's %100 water change weekly, well like %80 or something because i use the water in the cup where the fish is.

#27 ·
That's fine! We're just concerned about the space. Removing the gravel is fine :) I know having no money is a factor, When I had Lakitu we kept him in a .5 gallon on the desk. When I upgraded him to 1g (after a couple months) he was such a happier fish, could tell in his colors and tail and such. I have videos on my youtube account of the container we kept him in-

Anyway, it's just something to keep in mind. Keep up with water changes and upgrade as soon as you can! :)

#28 ·
Yes, so far you are making a great effort to take care for your fish and I love that you are doing that, keeping his home nice cozy and warm for now is okay. Hopefully he will eventually get a larger setup though, Walmart, and craigslist all hav cheap tanks that are a good size

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.