Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#11,966 ·
I loved seeing people's tanks and their bettas so much I wanted to contribute!
I don't have a fully decided name for my betta yet :( so here is my betta and his current home.
He is fairly new, I went to petco on New Years Eve at Petco, as soon as he caught my eye, I immediately knew I would be walking out with him because he is a exactly what I wanted in a betta :)

My 2.5 gallon tank which I have placed on my desk.

A close up of my betta, He came with torn fins but other than that seems to be in good health, a fixable cosmetic issue is no biggie :)

#11,969 ·
I posted a pic of my betta tank month ago but from time to time you need to change it a little bit. ;-)

So here is my 30ltr. Cube:

The new plants have to grow a little bit, of course...but it looks much more better than before.

#11,977 ·
This is my 5-gallon tank.

(He's yawning in this pic. I didn't notice (^_^))

It's starting to feel a little bit more homey with the addition of the marimo. I really like the left side and how the water sprite roots have worked themselves out. Alexander likes to rest in between the roots and the bamboo trunk at night, in addition to resting on the bamboo leaf in the tank and throughout the water sprite.

Sometimes he swims underneath the bamboo's root at the bottom there. The marimo is a new addition, but I have seen him resting on the marimo once too.

Just need something on the right side. I was originally thinking a tank ornament, but now I'm thinking I'd like to keep it natural and get another live plant someday.

#11,986 · (Edited)
This is my betta tank. The seashell is he hiding place since the company forgot to put a plant in my box.
* Fixed the link.

By the way, your tank looks pretty small... how many gallon is that? we usually recommend 2.5 gallon and up... but of course, the bigger the better.

Also - it doesn't seem like you have heater for your tank. Betta's thrive in tropical temp ( 78-82F ) so it's best if you get one asap ^^
I googled north carolina temperature and it's about 50F-60F where you live... that's too cold for betta's.

#11,989 ·
I always enjoy looking at other people's tanks. Here's one of my boys, Pavlov, in his 3 gallon. He came to me free of charge, as a rescue of sorts from a psychology study my school does. Teacher seemed happy to give him to me (he made sure all his boys got re-homed) and I'm certainly happy to give this quirky little fish a home!