Betta Fish Forum banner

Bro and friends opening a fish store

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  PucknLoki 
#1 ·
My brother and some of his friends may open a fish store by my house!! They want me to breed their bettas!!! Here are my requirements:

Our "betta kits" must include everything needed for a proper setup.
Fish are kept in jars rather than cups
Fish are kept clean
Fish are sold with detailed care sheets
Fish are sold with little details (personality, age, aggression)
And I get free fish stuff...hehe.

BTW this is no sure thing yet just an idea. But if so...off to Walmart for breeing pairs XD

#3 · (Edited)
I breed bettas already, HMPK blue dragons to be exact. I was kidding about Wlamart, I have one female from Walmart as a pet though but she's super prone to bacterial infections.

Aquabid seems a little to much to spend for fish to be sold as pets, of course culls from my current breeding might be sold for a higher price.

Veil tails and crown tails from PetCo or PetsMart will work fine if this happens and I want to start a pure bred VT line anyway (requiring petsotre fish since no one has a good line).

And a new idea: Any fish not sold within a 2 week period is shipped 100% free to any customer of my more quality bettas who wants him/her.

#6 ·
Yes but remember quality bettas require more work. Probably more than a new betta owner can give them (especially fish that are products of generations of inbreeding) this is also even if they open the store. I would get some nice bettas to sell like PetCo does....hehe I want some of 1fish2fish's bettas anyway :p

#7 ·
what is the web sit for 1fish2fish i cant seem to found it???

#8 ·
She's a member on here ;)

#10 ·
thanks

#11 ·
I don't get it--why wouldn't you want to breed quality fish? If all it takes is one initial investment it will pay off many times over in the future. There are plenty of domestic breeders that aren't very expensive--you could probably find one locally if you tried hard enough, by looking up your local aquarium societies and posting ads on craigslist. You could also go to a betta show and bid on bettas you like in person, that way you don't have to risk shipping at all.

I don't understand why your goal would just be to send more of the same out into a market that's already saturated with unwanted fish. Wouldn't you want your stock to stand out from the rest?

#12 ·
oooo! where in colorado? i live there and would love to come check it out (if it's near by of course) im excited now! i hope everything works out!

#13 ·
Proabably on Iliff and Buckley.
I don't get it--why wouldn't you want to breed quality fish? If all it takes is one initial investment it will pay off many times over in the future. There are plenty of domestic breeders that aren't very expensive--you could probably find one locally if you tried hard enough, by looking up your local aquarium societies and posting ads on craigslist. You could also go to a betta show and bid on bettas you like in person, that way you don't have to risk shipping at all.

I don't understand why your goal would just be to send more of the same out into a market that's already saturated with unwanted fish. Wouldn't you want your stock to stand out from the rest?
Quality fish=inbreeding=harder to maintain=more suffering for a fish that would go for $50 rather than $5.

I breed quality fish as is but this ISN'T a sure thing yet. Even if it is it wont happen for a while.

#14 ·
sweet! keep me updated on when he will open it! i would love to come down and get my hands on some of those dragon plakats you have ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.