Betta Fish Forum banner

addicted to fish hoarding :)

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
So a little about me and why I love fish keeping so much. I'm 23 years old and just graduated with my BA. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. The fish keeping started when I was 14 when I won a goldfish at the fair and surprised my parents with our new pet. We went out an bought a 5g minibow and put him in... he never outgrew the tank because I gave him to a friend who had a man made pond... he lived for 3 yrs in my care... I took a break from fish keeping and got my first betta for my 19th bday... Loved him to death... his name was "blue balls" but in front of my niece he was "blue bells" lol... funny story about the name but not appropriate for this site. So when I decided to go to college I moved to nyc and my sis was supposed to bring my fish along with my stuff but instead she gave him away :( so then I had to wait 4 yrs until i could get another fish... a month before i graduated I got another betta and a 1.7g tank... my husband hates fish but i bribed him and said he could buy his expensive bike... but then on my last day of classes "stilgar" died :( i had forgotten how often to do waterchanges so im pretty sure he died of ammonia poisoning... poor guy...
then i joined this site and got another betta boy who survived a 17 hour car ride! his name is "seabiscuit" hes white with blue fins..CT
then I got the betta bug and now have 3 bettas haha an obsessed with my boys... I also have a cat that i rescued from a shelter when I was 14... so shes nearing age 11... when we moved she got her own 6ft cat tree. She also knows how to use the human toilet.. so i have never had to clean litter boxes in the 10 yrs ive had her.
a side note... my husband just eas'd from the military( marines) so we have finally been able to move intogether and he has been helping me with the fish and learning to enjoy them... he enjoys our dog more though... who will be 2 yrs on sept 9th.. we rescued him from his old roommate before his 2nd deployment so the poor puppy was sent to me in nyc.... whew i will never get a puppy again haha so glad hes older now

See less See more
#5 ·
gorgeous!

The second fish is either a crown tail, or maybe another ind of betta with extremely torn up fins....

Do you have another pic of him, because you might have to find out if its fin rot or fin biting, if it's either :<

#6 ·
Aww what pretty babies!
It's not hoarding if they are given proper care. And it looks like they're in good hands! :D

#8 ·
Hoarding is such a naughty term. It gives me the idea of people with 100 cats and no money.
How does your cat use the toilet?! Come teach my cat! lol Thanks for rescuing your dog and cat! what kind of dog do you have?
Your fish are very nice! Welcome to the site!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.