Betta Fish Forum banner

Tail Biting/ Ripped Tail

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
So this morning I found that Roxas' tail has two chunks missing out of it -___- I don't know if he bit his tail....or if he ripped it. I don't know what to do

#4 ·
Do a water change, add some aquarium salt or non iodized table salt. Keep an eye on him and make sure no secondary infection occur, such as rot. His tail will grow back as long as you keep the water clean!

#6 ·
Just keep the tank levels pristine ; add some aquarium salt and he should heal up in no time.
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
Thats too bad......

Biting can be hard to fix....some reason Betta tail bite can be related to pain from water quality issues/fin rot etc... boredom is another reason and stress...sometimes once they start it can become a habit and hard to get them to stop.
Keep the water clean to prevent a secondary infection and to keep ammonia levels at 0ppm, add silk or live plants and hiding places, change the decoration around with each water change, use a mirror and other distraction methods...
I am sure other will post other idea......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.