Betta Fish Forum banner

Tailless Female

2K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  EvilVOG 
#1 ·
Here's a video of the Girl with no tail i picked up for MollyJean. Haven't been able to get her to lose the stripe, and get her on film. so i just made a short film with her striped.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3744475009125

Sorry i had the tv on...

#27 ·
Firstly, She's gorgeous!
Secondly, I might be completely wrong here but in the first picture of her the end of her body where her tail should be, it looks a little fuzzy like there's something growing there, I had a female who lost most of her tail before and I thought it had gone for good but then the whole thing grew back.Just thought I should let you know what I was seeing!!!

#28 ·
Unfortunately, that's just a trick of light on her bag. It's a pretty clean cut, no scar I can see, no breaks, no malformed scales. I'll try to get a better picture now that she's out of her bag and in the bowl. She's very active, though! Swims like crazy, but can't turn that easily, and ends up twisting her who body.. it's cute as heck. And when she wants to stop, she has to twist her body side to side, cause she really does pick up some speed, and there are no breaks!

She ate almost right away, which surprised me. 3 pellets.. I've forgotten what it was like feeding a betta who wasn't trained to come up to the top of the tank. Bettabettabetta KNOWS when he's about to be fed and comes running.. swimming? Tidbit will learn.

#30 · (Edited)
I got some better pics of her. Really nice ones.. might even submit one to the monthly contest.
Would be a huge change, huh? For now, I got some close up's of her tail (tail area?) to study.
I'll link to the pictures since they are so big. What does everyone thing? Genetic or cut or what?

Tidbit is photogenic!
Butt wiggler

As you can see, I have an aquatic banana plant in there, and she really loves sitting on the leaves.
She's on one right now in fact!

#31 ·
Wow that is one big picture on page 3 VOG LOL! It's like watching a movie in the front row :D

That is sweet you drew the picture for the waitress MollyJean! I bet she will hold onto that. :) Tidbit is so cute, so glad she has a good home, and thanks again VOG for saying something in here and going through all the trouble you did.

As for the post office... USPS, donno why they would give you a hard time.

526.6 Small, Harmless, Cold–Blooded Animals

Small, harmless, cold–blooded animals, except for snakes, turtles, and turtle eggs, are mailable only when they meet certain requirements. For some examples, see Exhibit 526.6.

Exhibit 526.6Requirements for Mailing Small, Harmless, Cold–Blooded Animals (Except Snakes, Turtles, and Turtle Eggs)
General Requirements:
All animals in this group:

• Must be able to reach their destination in good condition in the normal transit time between the mailing and address points.
  • Must not require any food, water, or attention during transport.
  • Must not create sanitary problems.
  • Must not create obnoxious odors.

Specific Requirements by Animal:
Goldfish
Tropical Fish

• Fish must be held in a securely sealed primary receptacle.
  • Primary receptacle must be cushioned with sufficient absorbent material to take up all liquid in case of leakage.
  • Primary receptacle and absorbent cushioning material must be sealed within waterproof outer (shipping) packaging.
  • This info taken from: http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c5_007.htm#ep184096

#33 ·
That's the same page I printed out to keep in my folder (I know, I'm a neat freak) for next time I have to pick up a fish. Not gonna let them give me the run around. Though the woman who was giving me a hard time kept shrugging everything off, like she really didn't care, she just wanted to be a pain.

The girls at the restaurant are the reason we always go there. We always get good service. She did a great job, but was so flustered. I've been in that position before, and wanted to make sure she knew she was doing fine. Hope she doesn't give up. I was a waitress for 2 years before I met my husband and 3 after... it's a hard job, you get a lot of crap.. but sometimes it's worth it.

VOG, I don't blame her for sitting on the plant! She might be used to that tail, but it's still hard to get around. I might just keep her in the lily bowl for a while, she seems really happy there. At least until I have a decent plant growth in the 10 gallon she's going in, so she has lots of things to rest on.

#34 ·
I want to make sure, beforehand, that everyone knows what's going on.

Tidbit had a little trouble in the sorority, so she's staying in the lily bowl for now. I have a 10 gallon cycling and her and Princess, who is too small and was being picked on, are going in it next weekend. For now, they are in small bowls that have heaters under them and are changed every day. (I'm paranoid). They're being taken care of, I have salt in Tidbit's bowl because one of the other girls took a nip at her, but it's healing. Princess is so tiny, she's probably just a baby, but when she's larger she'll go into the sorority. So yes, they are in tiny bowls, but that does not mean they are not being cared for. It is temporary and both are very happy despite the space restrictions. As you'll see, they get lots of exercise. I've found ALL the kids love the lazer pointer. As soon as they see it they freak out. The girls don't respond as well to mirrors, like the boys do, but they love the laser.

Now then, Tidbit wiggles EVERYTHING when she's chasing the laser. She's so cute I just HAD to share!

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/v1/y1/r/Qyh5ph9cQ_M.swf?v=3916168552793&ev=0

#36 ·
She was on her own for almost 2 weeks, she probably just needed a chance to establish herself, but as soon as I saw the missing scales on her head I took her out. I won't risk loosing her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.