Betta Fish Forum banner

tank setups?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Sicklidae 
#1 ·
anyone would like to share their setup here?
i don't have a betta yetttttttt.
i would like to get some ideas.
HELP?

#3 ·
Here are all three of my setups. :p If this is your first fish I'd suggest starting out with a small tank and work your way up if you think you can handle bigger tanks. Pictures are at the bottom.

The first I just setup yesterday for my new fish. It's a 1.5gal with gravel, a plastic plant, light hood, and a thermometer. It also has a bubble rock thing but I don't think I'll use that. I might clip some of the fake leaves on the plant because it's totally crowding the tank up. xD

The second one is a 3 or 5 gallon (i forgot) with a giant plastic decoration, a plastic plant, gravel, heater, thermometer, and a bubble rock. I have a plant hanging in it which is why there's roots at the top.

And the third is my 10gal tank with a light hood, filter, gravel, bunches of live plants and decorations, thermometer, bubble rock, and heater. I have 8 fish (including a beta) in it.

#5 ·
Thabi: I LOVE your yellow betta and his tank colors!!! <3 I also LOVE how you name yours!

BUT BEWARE!!! The plant in your 1.5 gallon will likely tear your betta's fins. I had the same one and it tore Genie's caudal fin in two. <=[ While he was healing from finrot. It came back... He's now healing even more slowly than before. I'm STILL headdesking over that! >.<

Sicklidae: I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tank!!! It looks like a pretty little slice of nature! How many gallons and what kind of plants do you have? I REALLY love that purple one!!! <3

#7 ·
Sicklidae: I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tank!!! It looks like a pretty little slice of nature! How many gallons and what kind of plants do you have? I REALLY love that purple one!!! <3

It's a 2.5 gallon. I have wisteria, java fern, and java moss.
Sadly, the purple one isn't aquatic :-( I usually research plants I don't know before I buy them. It was so pretty, I just bought it anyways. The pet store referred to it as purple waffle.
I'm planning on putting some Alternanthera Reineckii in its place. It's not purple like the purple waffle, it's red, but it will give me a color other than green, and thats what I want :) while still staying low-tech.

#9 ·
SaylorKennedy: I like your silk plants, they look nice, almost real :) at first glance, I thought some of them were real!

wallywestisthebest333: Yep, I'm cycling. I usually get yelled at for doing a fish-in cycle, but I've been doing it this way for years, whether the tank is marine, brackish, or freshwater, and haven't lost a fish during the cycling process. The plants really help with the freshwater :)

#10 ·
Thought you would be! ;] it'd be a shame to tear all that beauty down to do a 100%!

Yep! =] I'm hoping that if I buy more real plants mine will cycle faster! =] I've got 3 amazon swords waiting in a gallon jar with gravel and fertilizer that I aerate with a straw! XD
Unfortunately they're starting to turn brown. =[ I'm setting up my tank tomorrow after I leave it in the sun all day again though so they should perk up after I've got them in a better environment! =] They look SO pretty! <3 I can't wait to mix them with silk plants and flowers! <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.