Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#3,608 ·
Vespa & Ghost Rider's home :-D....

Vespa (yellow crowntail) use to live in the big 37 gal. tropical tank, but he was always hiding out. I set my 10 gal. back up and put him in there and his personality came bursting out! I was in Petco yesterday and saw a beautiful halfmoom grey/silver/blue-green/purple (depending on the light) with red fins that were outlined in black, so I just had to get him. We divided up the 10 gal. tank so Vespa and Ghost Rider each have 5 gals. They love it!

Vespa has 3 ghost shrimp, a ivory mystery snail, and an albino cory in with him.
Ghost Rider has 3 ghost shrimp, a black mystery snail, and a peppered cory in with him.

I've tried to find Pygmy Corys locally with no luck, so once the two Corys get too large then they will go into the 37 gal. :)

#3,613 ·
This is Tailys brand new 3 gal kritter keeper. He was in a 1.5 gallon and isn't sure he likes this bigger tank yet. (He got pulled from the big tank for the same reason)

This is the big tank, mind the glare and tea bag lol.

#3,614 ·
Why is there a tea bag on your tank? Making betta tea? Haha.

#3,624 ·
It really depends on the betta...Sometimes they get ate..:lol: I had ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon and they all died but one...but it was because my tank wasn't fully cycled at the time.The one has been alive for 5 months now though.:lol: I plan on getting a few more eventually..They just need to have little hidey spots to feel safe. They like to hide in mosses.mine eats fishfood flakes, sinking shrimp pellets (which is creepy because they're shrimp.:shock::lol:) and algae wafers.

#3,633 ·
No, i was a bad mom and didn't do my research. I got "Panda" when she was just an eensy thing and I've had her for like... almost 2 yrs...? And just recently learned they are supposed to live in groups. Whoops. But, she loves my bettas and my pleco and I find her sleeping next to them often. :D LOL... especially when I had my old betta, Eli, who was.. well, old... and slept on the tank floor a lot. She always cuddled up next to him. I am thinking of getting some but she seems happy? Maybe soon.

#3,637 ·
Chandler's new digs

I've had Chandler in his new 2.5 gal for several days now - although at first I just had the black gravel in there with a different rock decal - but the hole in the rock seemed too small for my big guy so I changed his tank to this "scene" with the bridge. He loves hanging out under the bridge - it is dark under there :). There is a heater in ther now (although it rarely comes on, the water is already warm enough) and I will be putting in a filter soon as well. I love those Tetra Whisper filters - very calm!
Next 100% water change I'm going to remove some of the black gravel - I think he has too much gravel in his tank. He needs a little bit more room.

More pics to come of my other tanks

Attachments

#3,638 ·
I've had Chandler in his new 2.5 gal for several days now - although at first I just had the black gravel in there with a different rock decal - but the hole in the rock seemed too small for my big guy so I changed his tank to this "scene" with the bridge. He loves hanging out under the bridge - it is dark under there :). There is a heater in ther now (although it rarely comes on, the water is already warm enough) and I will be putting in a filter soon as well. I love those Tetra Whisper filters - very calm!
Next 100% water change I'm going to remove some of the black gravel - I think he has too much gravel in his tank. He needs a little bit more room.

More pics to come of my other tanks

adorable!! :)

#3,642 ·
Whew! , my 5 gallon tank is finally the way i want it lol, so here it is, the plants in it are Water Sprite (floating) and Anubias Nana which are planted, at first when i changed his surroundings his stress line was dark and visible so i turned off the lights for about 30 minutes, and he is back to normal checking out his new plants. Bottom is black gravel and in the front are Amethyst crystal i got out of a local gem mine :) My girlfriend told me it looked like a woodland cave LOL, loving it!

#3,647 · (Edited)
Upgraded my 2.5 to a 5.5 gallon :D I removed the top rim. Its a little sloppy but it works. Will raise the water level as the plant in the back grows taller (it's leaves will be out of the water - want it to grow and look like this). It is a soil based tank. have about an inch of miracle gro organic potting soil capped with gravel. Will add more crypts as I get my hands on them.