Betta Fish Forum banner

New betta?

848 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jayy 
#1 ·
So... Fishy died today. and hopefully I don't sound ... heartless for already asking this, but there is an empty section staring at me right now. What I was thinking, should I get a female? And put my tailbiters on either side of her to see if they stop biting? Should I get another male? Or should I just redivide my tank back down to 3 sections? I just don't know what I should do. it's a 10g so 4 sections is fine but I just thought I'd ask y'alls opinion.

#2 ·
I'm SO sorry for your loss. It must be hard to loose a fish. :cry: You aren't sounding heartless to want to get another one either. I'd feel the same way, because taking care of a new fish helps take away the pain of a loss.

#3 ·
I'm not sure about the male/female thing, but I'd probably buy another if I was you. IMO I would chage the positions of both the tail biters, so maybe if they had a new section to explore, they would be more occupied to have something to better to do ten to bite their tails.

#4 ·
I hate to buy one to "replace" Fishy, but it does hurt staring at that empty slot. And thank you :) It is hard, I get attached so easily and he was an endearing fish. I won't be able to get another one until this weekend because the pet store where I go to college takes HORRIBLE care of their bettas and I don't support them. I know Walmart isn't much better, but our Walmart at least keeps the fish in clean water, so I'll go this weekend and see if one catches my eye. I bought some fake ivy to stuff into the tank as well, maybe it'll break up their view of each other a little more.

#6 ·
I'm soooo sorry about your loss.I say get a new betta. whan I lost my betta Tye-Dye I did this same thing and everybody told me that sometimes thing happen and that I wasn't a bad person for wanting a new betta. I'm not sure If a female will help the tail biters, but you can get female if you want. O'm not sure If moving would help eiether.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.