Betta Fish Forum banner

Are you kidding me?

3K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
#7 ·
The guy who made it said he studied law and patent to make it. Notice no fish. He came up with the idea while recovering from it was either cancer or surgery. He got Betta Bowls and Teddy Bears and decided to combine them.

#11 ·
Owning a fish is not the same as having a toy, it seems as though the guy that made this was thinking that they are the same thing.. the cancer must have gotten into his brain and did some damage

#13 ·
#15 ·
Does she really?

#17 ·
Why. Do people not even see bettas as worthy?

#19 ·
I want to know why too.

#18 ·
-_-; Where can I see this?

#27 ·
She said that she wished the person that made the tank hasn't recovered from whatever it was... Basically wishing death on the person. That is just rude and inhuman. You don't wish death on others, no matter what stupid products they make.

#29 ·
To be 100% honest, the only reason this tank bothers me is because the kid is supposed to play with it. If the tank was stationary and just happened to be shaped like a teddy bear I would think it's cute. But since the child is incouraged to play with the teddy tank like it's a toy, it is cruel.

#33 ·
Bowls and tanks rarely come with anything unless you are buying a "Starter kit" of some sort. I'm still saving up money to buy the hood for the 20 gallon tank I got on sale with no accessaries what so ever. :lol: I also don't know the size of the bowl since I don't want to give that site views. So I'm assuming that if the bowl was 1-2 gallons, it would be possible to have a betta in it with a heater and some type of decore purchased separately.

I'm just saying that a tank can look cute enough to get a little kids attention without being evil. My problem isn't with the teddy tank being a tank inside a teddy bear. My problem is with the teddy tank being a tank inside a teddy bear children are supposed to play with.

This tank bugs me because it turns living creatures that need to be taken care of just like cats, dogs, bunnies, ect into a play thing. It's bad enough that adults view fish as decore, but now kids are going to view fish as toys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.