Betta Fish Forum banner

Really?! Are you Kidding me?! Really?!

5K views 68 replies 32 participants last post by  Goldie2nd 
#1 ·
"Fish are friends, not food." was not even close to the thought that this manufacturer had when creating this new Betta death trap:

Ugh - LOOK AT THE FISH IN THIS PIC... Does this not make buyers want to find something else?!

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh dear. Colorful, they may be. But they're not toys. Just because they're as addictive as candy, doesn't mean they should be housed like candy. :-?

#6 ·
Taken a fish from a cup o death and putting the betta in a death trap is not saving. Isn't the lid on tight? That would just be death.

"To change the water you must insert quarter then turn, water will come out slowly. You also get rewarded one gum ball for ever water change." I totally made that up lol. It would be a good idea to reward the person, of course they gotta buy the gumballs XD

#7 ·
Eww pooped on gumballs!!
I think it's a cute idea but I agree, bettas are not toys or decoration. Sure it would be cool in a child's room if it was bigger and it could support a heater etc. I wonder though, would a betta mind if it's not natural scenery? He would need a hidey hole and some plants in there... Not suitable at ALL.

#10 ·
I work at a petstore, and I get so many people asking me how to get their bettas to live longer. So I tell them they need a 2.5 gallon at least, a heater, plants and a hidey cave, and a lid. One lady was receptive, and just asked if it could be done with fifty dollars. I told her absolutely. The others often leave without getting the fish, or disregard my advice and get the tiniest betta tank we have. I try to give them better lives. :(

#15 ·
That must be a really hard job. I don't know if I could do it. But it's great that at least one person is able to give some sound advice. Now if only you could train the other ten thousand pet store employees......

#12 ·
Oh wow D: That does not look like a very nice place for a Betta to live in at all :/ Even though it's a cute idea, that would never work D:!!

But I have seen worse, sadly. Someone on this art website I have an account on has there Betta living in a light bulb and they say he is living comfortably in it >_< He has absolutely no room to move around in T__T

#14 ·
Yeah, its really sad :( I am not sure if I should post the link to it or not (For all I know, they could possibly be a forum member, meh)

#16 ·
Its cute...as a kids TOY but betta home?!someone call animal welfare-that is just SICK...and A LIGHTBULB?HOW THE HECK DO YOU KEEP A BETTA IN A LIGHTBULB?

#21 ·
#24 ·
I used this in a Mths VS Facts poster for my betta awareness group that addressed the myth of betta fish being great decor. A lot of people do not see why it would be harmful and consider it to be functional.

#31 ·
Haha. Yeah, that photo got passed around a lot. More than I expected...some of them are hit and miss with what gets people's attention. Glad you liked it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.