Betta Fish Forum banner

Two new boys!

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LittleWatty 
#1 ·
Well, after loosing a rescue, I opted to get another betta (though, my first is still thriving). When I got the rescue, there was this steel grey with slightly irridescent colors that I really wanted, but I couldn't get two at that time. So, I went for the sick one, hoping to help him. When I went back today, he was still there. Most people wouldn't buy a "boring" grey betta with small fins, so it doesn't surprise me that he was there. He's also looking under the weather a bit, as he's been clamped for the past two days (I was at Petco yesterday too). Hoping I can help clear that up. He's got little white tips on his ventral fins, which I think is absolutely adorable XD I also happened to find a stunning halfmoon double tail (who happens to be a flare monster XD). I almost didn't grab him, but in the end, I did. Ended up spending another $200 at Petco, since I also needed a new tank to house these boys XD

Anyway, here are my two new boys! Yet to be named...

#3 ·
Aww what cute and lucky little guys!!

Are you sure the one in the last pic is a boy? He has the same fin & tail structure as my female, Teeney.

#4 ·
The plakat is all clamped up. Yes, I'm pretty sure he's a guy XD He looked very manly a few days ago, when I first found him. But I put off purchasing him, because I didn't have the place for a new fish. I gave up trying to resist today when I stopped in, so I grabbed a 10 gallon and decided to divide it.

#7 ·
What beautiful fish, im on my way to Petsmart right now to see my next Betta member. Can't wait. Good luck with your new guys, great find : D

#10 ·
They didn't even have him properly labled, I think. Unless there is just a specific tail type called "double tail" XD That's all he was to them. Just a double tail. Others were labled HMDT or HMPKDT etc, but not this guy.

I think he's having difficulties adjusting to a new environment. He's pretty lethargic and has stopped eating, but he'll still flare any time I give him a mirror. He also flares at the plakat that lives next door, if I remove the paper that separates them. The plakat is a honeybadger XD doesn't care much about anything, and eats like a pig. He won't flare at the doubletail, won't flare at his reflection, won't even flare at my finger like my other two boys do XD I just have to get him to stop clamping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.