Betta Fish Forum banner

Wild Guitar Smaragdina

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Hallyx 
#1 ·
Anyone here own this type? I know a few of you do but yea I just bought me a pair also wild caught Like my imbellis pair. Any info on this type? For those of you that owns it Plz tell your experience with them and breeding process If you have breed this type before. I'm also going to try my new breeding method with this pair stay tuned And check out the process I hear this method is best for wild types

#2 ·
I have a pair but couldn't get them to spawn. The male of the pair was very aggressive and the female got to the point where she wouldn't come out of hiding. I have another male coming. He was supposed to get here a couple weeks ago but the thai transhipper got confused about where he was going. He was supposed to come this week but because of Veterans day the shipment got pushed back again :-?.
I really love this species. There is some debate about their origin. Some people say they're a hybrid, other say their a sub species. I know they inhabit faster moving water unlike other splendens.
I'm glad someone else is wanting to spawn them. If we both get spawns maybe we can swap fish around to keep a good genetic diversity going.

#4 ·
Sure,

#7 ·
Pitgurl your pair sounds like mine :p I'm sending them to Setsuna because his betta-whisperer breeding method seems to work like magic. That and the change of environment will hopefully help the female not be so skittish. I know the male is ready to breed, he's made 2 bubblenests under his IAL this week and stays near it at all times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.