Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh NOOO! My walmart now has fish!

951 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Luimeril 
#1 ·
I didn't think it was legal for a department store to carry pets in MA. Not since I was a kid. But my Walmart is getting bigger and I noticed the other day that they now have fish. No betta's so far but......I hope they take decent care of them. I've heard such horror stories from you all.

#3 ·
Wal-Mart isn't always the best at caring for their animals, but some of them have what it takes to care for them and sell them. If you see them neglecting their fish then you should complain about what you saw and explain what the proper care is. I did that to our local Wal-Mart with their betta fish until they decided that they shouldn't sell bettas anymore because they couldn't handle that much. I respect the decision they made because it was very wise. I found that the local shops that sell fish or animals in general are all eager to have advice where I live. There's only one way to find out if your local shops are the same. Take action when you see something wrong. (Who cares about what people think about it?)

#4 ·
keep an eye on it. bring a camera every time you go in to photograph anything that's wrong. i honestly didn't think walmarts would get fish sections again. i know many got rid of the fish section, and many still carry bettas, or started carrying bettas again. x: hope it stays lovely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.