Betta Fish Forum banner

Tank broke/Cycling question

373 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bluenail 
#1 ·
I was just rinsing out Zeus hospital tank to kill whatever was in there and then the bottom part of it just popped off! His original tank is getting ready to be cycled and now I will probably be forced to put him in there and do a fish-in cycle.
I also have a saltwater testing kit and NOT a fresh water testing kit right now. Im buying the separate tests like this: http://www.petsmart.com/fish/water-...d36-17467/cat-36-catid-300005?var_id=36-17467
What exactly do I need to test for other than Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, and PH?(I already have testing tubes from the saltwater kit)

PLEASE COMMENT!

#2 ·
Those are the only things you need to test if you are cycling. Personally once my tanks are cycled I just test for ammonia and nitrate once a month or so just to make sure everything is still going good :)

#6 ·
im having issues with ammonia in the 3.5 gal but im gonna do a 50% water change tomorrow see if that helps ......... I tried using some of the ammonia reducer but it didnt help much at all and I really hate putting any type of chemicals in my tanks unless I really have too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.