Betta Fish Forum banner

How much Prime should I put in the tank?

818 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  VivianKJean 
#1 ·
I got Seachem Prime the other day. I have a 5.5 gallon tank. The bottle says Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 gallons) of new water. Each cap thread is approx. 1 mL.

How much should I put in? I'm terrible when it comes to this, I always end up putting too much or too little in. :|

#5 ·
What I did to solve this problem, as i have other additives and stuff with different measurements and cap sizes, is I went to a pharmacy and asked for one of those medicine dropper things with the ml measurements on it. Now i can precisely measure out milliliters, as well as "drops".

#10 ·
Nope, mine is in the BIG bottle it looks like this:

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mdeHsKinVypyp0K1XVMUMkA.jpg

It doesn't have a dropper inside. The cap doesn't even have measuring lines on it or anything either, it just tells you to go by the threads in the cap which makes it hard for me to measure with the liquid, which is why I asked how much to put in. It's easier for me to measure drops, rather than capfuls. 11 drops would be enough? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.