Betta Fish Forum banner

Help! brown head, losing color

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  softballipod 
#1 · (Edited)
Glozell use to be a beautiful blue color throughout but now it is only on the backside of her. it starts all over her head, also there are now two red lines right around her gills. she is acting normal. whenever i'm in the room looking at her she swims around like a maniac happy to see me. she lovessss food so she definitely eats everything.

Housing
What size is your tank? 1.5 g
What temperature is your tank? unsure :oops:
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? no
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? tetrafin color enhancing betta bits
How often do you feed your betta fish? 2 pellets three times a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? no

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? yes :(
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? nope
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 2-3 weeks ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? no
Does your fish have any history of being ill? not when i've had her
How old is your fish (approximately)? unsure. i got her about a month and a half ago

thank you in advance!♥

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.....

By the pics it looks to me like it is normal pigment and a response to the color enhancing food...especially since her behavior has not changed.......however, I would increase your water changes to 50% twice weekly...1-50% water only and 1-50% to include substrate cleaning by vacuum or stir and dip to maintain water quality and fin health in a 1.5gal filtered tank....

You may or may not need a heater-but its a good idea to have one on hand...you do need a thermometer to check the temp in the tank and to check the water temp of the replacement water used for water changes to keep it within a couple of degrees between new and old water...to prevent temp shock problems....your goal is a somewhat stable water temp in the 76-80F range....

Beautiful Betta....nice find....

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum.....

By the pics it looks to me like it is normal pigment and a response to the color enhancing food...especially since her behavior has not changed.......however, I would increase your water changes to 50% twice weekly...1-50% water only and 1-50% to include substrate cleaning by vacuum or stir and dip to maintain water quality and fin health in a 1.5gal filtered tank....

Beautiful Betta....nice find....
ok, thank you for respinding:) tomorrow is the changing water day so i will do 50 % tomorrow:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.