Betta Fish Forum banner

Sweet, Sweet Blue

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dmountcornet 
#1 ·
I just can't let him go. He's been gone since last month, and I still cry when I see his little face. I opened the cabinet this morning and saw his meds and cried again. How do I move on?

#2 ·
You just have to go to a quiet place, close your eyes, and know that Blue is swimming peacefully under the Rainbow Bridge. You should never give up over deaths. I have had 7 deaths, but I'm still going strong.

Feel better,

-H

#4 ·
Thanks for support

Thanks for support. I've lost other pets, but this hurts more because it was my fault. And I've never taken such care of a pet in my life as I did with Blue Bayou-and then to inadvertently cause his death. It's just killing me. I didn't know he was caught in the net when I was cleaning his tank. I thought he had jumped out, and I couldn't find him like he had done many times before. I had new glasses, too. It was just a crazy freak accident. HE was so sweet.

#5 ·
It'll be okay Dmount. It's hard losing fish, but it was an accident. Maybe when you're feeling better you can get another betta to love and cherish.

#6 ·
Everyone, like you, is so kind to take the time to make me feel better. Other folks don't understand that you could love such a little creature so much. But he had his own personality and traveled with me from New York City to Tenn. I know that maybe I'll get another one, but I guess I'm not ready. Thank you so much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.