Betta Fish Forum banner

;w; sweet Maccies..

Tags
cute
3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Fermin 
#1 ·
Alright...First and foremost. Read what Ive written and dont hate. I love my boy so much and would never try to hurt him, so dont you dare critisize me for what he did on his own.

That being said.

Oh my god. My boy is so sweet. He's so sweet, sooo sweet.

I was cleaning out his hospital tank to give to my friend (who is keeping him) and needed first to remove the couple plants that were in there...

Maccies, docile and curious as ever, wandered over to investigate (I moved slowly to not scare him). I expected a bite from him, much as Alle would do (OWWW), but...no...

....He did this:

I laid out my hand a little, expecting him to scoot over it. To my surprise, and almost to tears, he wandered into my palm and stayed there. I nearly cried, it was so sweet.

So. Sweet.

I got my friend, his new "Auntie" to take this picture for me, it was bitter sweet. I raised him to the top a little, but he was by no means out. He was jus' chillin , looking at my wiggly fingers<3

I needed to get him out anyway, and he always freaks out at his net or the cup, so I filled his cup and gently placed him in from my hand. Again, to my surprise, he gently lolled in, not freaked out, not panting, no stress.

It was like his last goodbye to me ; w ; <3 <3

(Even though I just have to go down the hall to see him <3)

Yay! :'D

(And just to say, I wouldnt suggest trying to hold your fish, etc, etc, Ive never done this before and neither did he, nor do I honestly expect him to again. I still love the fact that he did, though!)

See less See more
#4 ·
Thankies!!
And yes, he sure will! Ill make sure of it! Shes so excited, I brought him into her room as a surprise (I was QTing him for raised scales, its nothing :D) so she wasnt expecting him.

She was sooo eager to help set the temp. tank up, it was awesome! :D Now he'll be less stressed out AND be in a place where he can flirt with people all he wants :)roll:) and say hi to me :'3 <3 <3

#15 ·
Haha, yep! Its true. And its stressful and could be potentially harmful if youre a little too rough (not on purpose, of course!) and possibly transfer harmful things on your hands to him.
I normally wouldtve let him, but for an entire two hours before that I was rearranging Alle's tank and hadnt touched anything else but dechlorinated water, so I let him ^~^; I usually worry about chemicals/soap being on my hands.

#17 · (Edited)
reminded ME of that video too! its just the absolute sweetest thing...to have that kind of trust from an animal that (in all honesty) isnt too intelligent (in comparison to everything else)...thats amazing

#18 ·
To have him trust you that way is so beautiful! <3 My boys don't trust me that much yet but hopefully someday they will!

He's such a sweety and that was such a wonderful goodbye! <3 :']

I'm glad he's still close enough to visit! <3 I gotta show this video to my friend! She's getting a betta soon and I think she'd love to see your picture and see how sweet they are! <3

#19 ·
Oh gosh, that was just too sweet for words. :')

#30 ·
Well, when I first got Maccies from Petsmart (one where they do a decent job of tending to their bettas), he seemed alert and happy. After a few days, I began to really really worry something was wrong with him. As the week went on, I grew more and more worried about him, to the point where I was considering bringing him back. Then, he got better.
When I moved back into my dorm (a good while after he's been acting/feeling strange) I sent up my divided 5 gal with the boys. They both seemed to enjoy the space, especially Alle!
...But Maccies grew unwell again. He was constrantly hunting for Alle (Alle not so much), stressing himself out, not eating because he could see Alle, etc. Even when he couldnt see Alle (through a doubled up divider), he was still freaking himself out :(
I noticed his scales were a bit raised and took him out of the tank and into a 1.5gal QT to see if he'd improve. He did. Like CRAZY. He was his old derpy self again :D
...But when I put him back with Alle...
Right back to being stressed and unwell :c
I decided it wasnt fair to Maccies to have him in a place he couldnt fully enjoy his life in. My friend down the hall absolutley fell in love with him, so I decided to let her care for him (shes exstatic!) She's had bettas before and has me as well, so I know hes in good hands.

It might be just Maccies, he's always been a little on the frail side :'c It wouldnt be right of me to keep him in a life of constant stress and unsettledness just because I wanted to keep to boys :'c <3 Maybe another time Ill look for another boy, who knows? But not now.

#31 ·
well thats incredibly sweet of you to care so much for him that you're giving him up. I think he will appreciate the stress-free life, and I'm sure he's grateful for all of the care you've given him. You sound like an awesome fish owner =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.