Betta Fish Forum banner

Drago's Mini Photo-Shoot :)

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Seki 
#1 ·
Thought I'd show you all how much Drago has improved since I got him. When I brought him home, my little guy was clamped and tiny, hanging out at the bottom of his cup. It took him several days to finally begin to unclamp and start eating normally (he didn't have too much of an appetite for the first few days), but once he did, I set about putting a little bit of weight onto his little body. We had one little incident where he ripped his fin on one of the plastic plants I stupidly put into his tank, but now... Drago is thriving! It's hard to tell, but I think he's getting bigger (he's not so skinny anymore, at least!)... and he is certainly a lot happier! And so... PICS!

Before

Now

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you!! I am super thrilled with how happy he has become in his new home. I was worried for him when he was so miserable-looking for the first few days. I have been thinking he's very young still, maybe still growing a bit?

I am really not sure what to call his color, I'm so bad at colors. He is marble, I think... his body is pale, but it has a very shiny green iridescence. His cup was marked "Dragon Scale Crown Tail Male Betta", but I'm not so sure. His fins are a very vibrant red, as you can see, and in different lights... I've seen his body turn green (which is most common), purple, and even pink! The green extends onto his fins, but again, only in the right light. Of course... I guess I just explained that all needlessly, because his pictures show that. LOL

Anyway, he has what looks to be marbling, some black splotches like you can see. I think someone on here once said he was bicolor, but... I really have no idea. I'm not even sure he's dragonscale. My local Petsmart seems to label their bettas improperly, I even had a salesperson come over and tell me "Oh yeah, wow, a lot of these are in the wrong cups."

Anyone have any idea what color he is? :)

#6 ·
Thank you! One of these days, I'm hoping to figure out what color he is classified as lol. For now, though, I'm just glad he's healthy and happy. The boy in your avvie is gorgeous, too! Halfmoons are so pretty!

Excellent work! Looks gorgeous!
Thank you very much! The betta in your avatar is really pretty! Is he a veiltale? :)

#8 ·
I don't mind in the least! I didn't do anything special, I just put him into his 2.5 gallon with clean, conditioned water that is heated to a nice 77 degrees. I'm feeding him Aqueon pellets, 3-4 once a day, and he is fasted every Friday so he can clear out his system a little. Once a week I replace his pellets with a couple freeze-dried bloodworms, and every now and then he gets a bloodworm as a little treat. I do two water changes a week, 1 - 50% and 1 - 100%, and he has just blossomed for me!

I totally encourage you to rescue a betta if you have the means to do it! I have heard some amazing rescue stories from other members on the forum, and even my little Drago has made quite a turnaround! Plus, you can find some real beauties in pet stores! (like my little guy! Not that I'm biased lol)

#11 ·
Aw, thank you very much! Sorry I missed your reply until now haha. He's such a happy little dude... We're coming up on three weeks, and although he has yet to build me a real bubblenest (I've seen a couple little halfhearted attempts in the past), I think he's pretty content. One of these days, I'm gonna figure out his color! If I had the time, space, and money, I would have loved to breed him because I think he's so pretty... but I absolutely know that's not something I'm capable of doing.

Thanks again for all the compliments, guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.