Betta Half Moon Dumbo

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr2KiEu 
#1 ·
Does anyone has info on this?
This is similar in color and looks to what I saw at the LFS today:

Are they aggressive?

See less See more
#2 ·
All betta splendens require the same care and have the same temperaments. Different tail types and features are just genetic mutations of the same species that people wanted to keep carrying on.
Care for him like you would any of your bettas, and he'll act like every other betta

#3 ·
If i saw a betta like that at my LFS I would've bought it in a heartbeat! My GF is looking for a HMEE purple betta.

#8 ·
#4 ·
EEs are coming out more and more now.. they are becoming the "new thing to have". I have some lol.. I fell for their big fins too :p Planning on breeding them - or attempting as Elephant Eared (also known as dumbo) is very recessive..

Salamander (the one in the picture) seems to be the typical coloration for them, normally PKs.. only seen a handful that weren't salamander in color (saw a blue/while butterfly long finned HM EE boy once at Petco - kicking myself for not getting him). So the color, pretty as it is, isn't special as most pet store EEs are that color.

Care is the same as all other splendens..

As for aggression.. they are betta splendens.. they are aggressive with one another like all other bettas. Nothing special about them other than a large pectoral fin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.