Betta Fish Forum banner

Good News & Bad News

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Bad News First?

I lost Aslan a few days ago. He needed to go, but it was painful watching him die :/ Dropsy sucks! He was a good fish.

More bad news; Today I was at Walmart and I wandered over to the fishy section and found this poor guy

I doubt my bringing him home could have done anything. He wasn't really moving at all. It was pretty ridiculous. I tried to find an employee in the pet section to ask them why it was ok to keep a fish in those conditions but I couldn't find anyone. So, of course, I left a note on the poor kiddo's container that said how disgusting this is and how terrible it is to put a fish through that. I doubt he made it through the afternoon. :/

Okay. For the good news. I couldn't help myself from rescuing a couple of other guys that at least looked rescue-able (word?). It's impossible to not bring one home if you have room for it and if I could have taken them all I would have.

1:

2:

The lighter of the two is much spunkier than the red. I hope they both make it. They are being acclimated to the new tank now so as soon as I have them in I'll take some pictures. I'm very interested in tracking their color changes if it happens.

See less See more
#2 ·
i really like the top one....not the practically dead one :( hah!! i tend to make room if i dont have it. im tempted to get rid of my tv just so i have more room haha

#3 ·
gorgeous little fishies! i know, it breaks my heart going to walmart seeing the bettas being treated like that.

#10 ·
Thankfully our Wal-mart doesn't carry fish anymore. I'd rather them not have them if they aren't going to take proper care of them!!! Your two new additons are very nice! I'm sure with some love they'll be healthy and beautiful in no time. Good luck :]

#16 ·
Wow that is really bad, what is it in that cup? Is it poo? It looks like rust or something. As soon as I get more room I am going to walmart and picking up the sickliest nastiest betta in there and Im going to try to bring him back. I havent had a betta die yet so maybe Ill have some luck.

In fact I have a 2g critter keeper open right now :BIGwinky:

#17 ·
Thanks everyone :]

I'll be sure to post updated pictures of them in the tank. I'm working on the photos right now. ANNND I've uploaded videos to YouTube that I will post links to. I am very happy with the way they've perked up so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.