Betta Fish Forum banner

My New White Half Moon Betta

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
new to bettas ... just got this little guy ... been feeding him pellets in the morning and a couple of live black worms in the afternoon ... he seems to enjoy sleeping on and in the plant ... he looks great under the LED lights :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqzEtFCjZE

#2 ·
He is beautiful. I love white bettas.

#6 ·
hi ... thanks for the salt suggestion ... i want to try it ... i have marine salt i use to hatch brine shrimp and i have some aquarium pharmaceuticals aquarium salt but it is chunky not like free running salt ... could i use either of those salts or do i need to purchase the free running aquarium salt ... how much salt would i add to help his fins ... he is in a 1.5 gallon tank ...

#8 ·
i will try to get a good pic of him and post :O)

#9 ·
there should be a sticky about how to post photos !!! i don't know if this will work but it works in other forums ... need a preview button too !!!

#10 ·
i have no idea how to post a photo :(

#12 ·
i really do not understand ... that sticky is for new threads ... how do i add a photo in a quick reply ??? the only thing i see where i am typing now says Insert Image and when i click on it asks for a URL ... i put in my photobucket link and it did not work ...

#13 ·
Click on Go advanced below the writing box, scroll down and there's a button that says manage attachments. Click that and if it's a file, click browse, find the picture and click upload. If it's a file from URL, copy and past it into the second box that says Upload File from a URL and than click upload.

Just a side note, make sure to clean the 1.5G at least two or three times a week 100% (taking everything out and cleaning it). Ammonia builds up very fast in small tanks. That's why we say 'bigger is better'.

#14 ·
thank you so much for the information, both about uploading a picture and maintaining the water ... he will be moved to a 5 gallon as soon as it is ready :O)<br><br><br>

#16 ·
He is a stunner! Like his tank, too. Welcome to the forums!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.