Betta Fish Forum banner

Opinion on Halfsuns?

910 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  marbledplakat 
#1 ·
So I'm been researching breeding and the different tail types to see if one day I might start up a line [after a lot of prep but this isn't about that]

Anyways I happen to quite adore the look of the so-called 'half suns'. With the right colors the type is right up there with my love of HM's and the Rose tails.

I thought I would never like CT's but I've become more and more fond of them if they show good reduction. On the Half Sun's I think the reductions are even more lovely.

That being said what do you think of them?​

#2 ·
I'd love to find one some time, I think they're gorgeous. ):

#3 ·
Eh.. not for me. I love a nice smooth finned betta and when you get into mixing anything with CT your just asking for ugly fins. You may get one decent looking fish out of a whole spawn. I just don't want to have to cull that hard to get what I want.

#4 ·
I personally love Halfsuns....well, certain halfsuns. I've seen some bad ones, but I've also seems on really beautiful ones. It'd probably be a challenge getting a good line of them going with steady genetics...but if your willing to work at it, I think its a good breeding goal ;) Its unusual, and who knows? It might be the next hot thing xD

#5 ·
If you like them, go for it. I feel like halfsuns are rather uncommon (I've never seen one in person) which makes them an interesting project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.